Hey sorry about your troubles with the machine. This isn't the best place for advice on that machine, as many in the EMCO section may know nothing about how the system works. My EMCO machine, for example, only seems to emulate the fanuc control, it doesn't actually seem to use it for anything else. However, in my research, I came across some fanuc stuff by the name of fanuc focas. It may be able to tell you more about your machine. I can't remember how and where I got the software, but it didn't work for me as the EMCO machines seem to communicate a different way. You would still need a way to hook it up to your machine, (hopefully you have an exposed ethernet port somewhere) and that's assuming it's compatible. Again, I have no idea, it didn't work on my machine.

Back to EMCO and some interesting tidbits:
On initialization, we can capture and recreate two files that the control pc sends to the backend. These are a .msd file, and a .awl file.

The .awl file would suggest that the EMCO machines utilize a siemens protocol for communication, S7COMM. However, there is a free program that should be capable of initializing the machine if this were the case: awlsim. I can confirm that it does not initialize the machine. It must have something to do with the fact that the .msd file is sent first, and not an .awl file like the siemens system would use natively.

This is interesting as it seems to indicate that:
1. the MSD file is merely for the communication from the front end to the back end pc (supported by the fact that EMCO distributes the .msd file inside a zip folder called machine, and inside a subfolder labeled ACC_MSD)
2. the AWL file seems to be controlling the machine more directly (this seems supported by the fact that this file is located in a folder named PLC). It's possible that this file is how the linux system on the backend pc communicates with the rest of the machine. What's more, I recognize this file from fooling around with another EMCO mill, and I've attached a translated PDF version from the pc mill 50.

The AWL file seems very useful. It gives the pinout of the entire machine so even if you decided to retrofit controls you could use it for wiring info.

Still have not started cutting with this machine, which is when I'll hopefully be able to sniff out the rest of the communication. My circuit for the machine is overloaded, and the breaker for the circuit trips when I run a program from the mill. So far I can only jog around and stuff.

Hoping someone knows something about how the files interact. I could only find that siemens uses the .awl files, but not .msd files. Maybe there's some info out there. Fingers crossed.