Good day CNC Zone, an acquaintance of mine operates a Trophy and Plaque business and had asked me to help figure what's wrong with his New Hermes EP controller. When powering on the unit all that is shown on the display are solid LCD squares along the top portion of the screen. I brought the unit home to disassemble and happen to read from another thread that the CMOS battery may be bad. After disassembling I found that the CMOS battery was very bad. I had just replaced the battery not too long ago and the unit still displays the solid squares along the screen. I didn't see any damage to the tracers on the MB from the corrosion of the battery and i'm not too knowledgeable on this unit. Any thoughts or suggestions for me to get this unit running or alternatives? I've saw some mentions by @datac of retrofitting and some others about using some software (Coral, Flexi, etc?) to run the engraver. The gentleman that owns this pretty much depends on it for his work. So any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!! Sincerely, A