Hello Everybody!
I am 63 years old and still running my machine shop where I have always used Heidenhain and Fanuc controls and I have over the years learnt nearly everything on these controls including solving controller and plc related issues. Just explaining what I am capable with dealing stuff...

Now I bought a KNUT lab VMC and I have a Siemens 808D Advanced control and require some insight into this control.
I want to field some questions-Please correct me if I am out :-)
I understand that the machine tool builder has programmed the plc which is something not altered by the user like the ones in bridgeports and Fanucs.

It does have various parameters like these two controls I mentioned. Any link which can explain how I can download my parameters, programs, tool offsets etc etc for backup?

Also my machine has a particular tool changer mounted on the bed. This toolchanger has four tools in a row and the machine selects the tools by positioning itself in four different coordinates along the Y axis- picks/places the tools as desired.

Now, I wish to change the position of this toolchanger and wish to know where these positions are stored. I do not believe these are stored in the PLC but expect them in the parameters of the machine.
these would be the coordinate position of each tool and the toolchange height. I have downloaded some manuals and if I manage to download and have a look at the machine paramters might be able to determine what does what.

Anybody can help me a bit to start to understand this control?
Thanks for any help..