Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
Sooooo... Finally need to get very serious about selling my Torus Pro, as we just put our house on the market, and expect a quick sale. The machine, as it is, is so highly customized, in both hardware and software, to MY needs, that I feel I must convert it to a more standard configuration that its new owner could understand and support. The big question is: what hardware and software should I use?

On the hardware side, it currently uses a KFlop, a custom BOB, and a custom serial pendant. I suspect a different controller board and BOB would be better for the average buyer. What is out there now? I have used SmoothStepper, but never found it to be 100% robust. Has that changed? Is there another controller that I should be looking at? And what about BOBs? I havven't even looked at that market in almost 10 years.

On the software side, I am currently running a CNC controller app I wrote myself. Obviously, that has to go in favor of something off-the shelf, and supported. I will rule out Mach3 and Mach4, and considering UCCNC, as I am at least familiar with it. But is there something newer/better I should be considering?

One option that looks interesting is the AXBB-E. Anyone using this, or know anything about it? As a controller and BOB in one, it looks attractive, and easy to setup.
I bought my Torus pro from John stripped, as I wanted to install my controls from the start. I went with UC300ETH-UB1 and UCCNC. It is a very well built breakout board with all I/O I needed built in. Since you are moving are you cleaning out anything left over from your Power draw bar or tool changer projects? This group of people may be the most interested, as we are stilling running them.