586,500 active members*
2,856 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Multicam Machines > Can I run my MC1000 Router without the remote pendant using a computer?

Can I run my MC1000 Router without the remote pendant using a computer?

Hey Guys;

I have a 2003 MulitICAM 1000 with a pendant that has the display out, the pendant still operates but the display does not so I can home the machine etc but I cannot see to load a file etc. I sent it to Radwell and they said it can't be fixed. Is there any way to run these old machines using the host computer? Its already hooked to the machine and it gets info from it. Jobserver and some other things communicate with the CNC but is there anyway to use a piece of software to bypass the need for the controller which seems to be impossible to find.

I don't think I'll ever buy another CNC that exclusively uses a pendant as the sole means of controlling the machine as its just too risky.

Thanks
    Mike
    www.classicplayfields.com

Re: Can I run my MC1000 Router without the remote pendant using a computer?

Look closely at the display and get make and model, then look at digikey they might have a replacement

Well I sent the unit to a company called Radwell who claimed for $2300 they could fix it. They said they swapped in a new display but it didn't fix it so they said it was unrepairable. Doesn't sound like they tried too hard and of course they offered to dispose of it for me for free! Imagine, then they fix it and sell it for even more profit.

Radwell who claimed for $2300 they could fix it. They said they swapped in a new display but it didn't fix it so they said it was unrepairable. Doesn't sound like they tried too hard and of course they offered to dispose of it for me for free! Imagine, then they fix it and sell it for even more profit.

Wow, what a total ripoff. There are only three things involved in the display working. The actual display which sounds like you have a new one now, at an extremely high price. The second is the cable from the Monitor to the Controller. My guess is this is a VGA type cable, you might want to use an ohm meter and verify the cable is good or test it with another cable. The third item is the display controller on the Multicam control card. Do you have a picture of the actually controller?

I'll post a picture ASAP.

Thanks
    Mike

Make more pictures. Connectors, nameplates.

Here's the pics of the pendant that I have or hopefully will have again if the keypad controller ever comes back from Radwell.

Here's a few more pics;
    Attachment 493306
    Attachment 493308
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230505_111506.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	493310
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0000001.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	493312

That pendant appears to use an old vacuum fluorescent display. The larger square chip is most likely the processor and the 16 pin through hole device might be the driver for the display. Take a close up picture so you can read the numbers on the chips. Sounds like the processor is still running and if they replaced the display it probably needs a new driver chip

This old display was discontinued years ago. They run off of 5VDC and have built in drivers right under the display. Are you sure the company you sent it to actually changed the display?

Itron display 4x20
    CU20045SCPB-W5J

SPECS
    https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%2...45SCPB-W5J.pdf

You can buy a brand new on on ebay for $295.00

$295.00
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/25602840020...Bk9SR_D7-LOKYg

Well, I'm not sure of anything at this point as I haven't received anything back from Radwell at all. I sent them the shipping account info days ago with instructions to overnight it back and have emailed twice to follow up and have heard nothing back. You think though at the price they charge that they should be able to fix just about anything on the pendant regardless of what's wrong.

I totally agree that was probably more than Multicam would charge for a new pendant

Well, all of a sudden MutiCAM tells me that a new pendant is available after telling me for quite some time that the pendants were not available and could no longer be repaired. But a few days ago I got a call and all of a sudden a pendant and cables are available. $3800 CAD BUT they were available, so I got a set and I'm back up and running. MutliCAM Quebec was pretty instrumental in helping getting me going. They even sent me an old non working pendant with a working display, I'll get a chance here shortly and hopefully get the old display up and running again.

Thanks Guys

I think it's late, but for others:
    There is the program in the directory of suite4 - "KeypadEmulator.exe"
    You have to change some parameters of Router - #59 set 1020 and *#206 set to 1. (Go to MotionMechanic terminal and type 1020 1 Set_Integer [press enter] * * 1 206 Set_Integer [press enter] )
    * Changing #59 requires reboot with power off.
    Run it, select the machine and type of the keypad (router or router dashboard).
    You can keep your pendant connected to the router. Keypad and keypad emulator will work both (key both, only emulator display). I strongly recommend it because there may be some trouble - delay after release Jog Keys on emulator.
    If you disconnect Pendant you'll have to make an E-Stop key and *connect it to the machine.
    You can modify the Keypad Emulator by changing Keypad.ini and images in* "Documents and Settings\All Users\machine tools suite 4\keypademulator\format_data\router" (win 7).