Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
The Safety Line is not effective when you are running through a program, a G80 must be used, or it can reuse the active Canned cycle after a move to another position.

The Safety Line is in effect only at the start of a Program and cancels all previous calls that may not have been canceled.
Guess I wasn't understood earlier.

I always use G80 to end Fixed Cycles. My Safety Line only only adds to the certainty of the machine's condition at the start of a new tool. No matter what happened before it.
It may also have been missed that the programming example I gave in post #11 is how every tool starts in a program, not how every program starts. (Except for the fact that eventually, every program starts with a tool loading to the spindle.) It's super redundant, but I also use it as a tool start header, because it's easy to spot when scrolling through a program. I program semi manually, meaning no post processor is spitting out my code sight unseen, so quickly finding tool startups is important to me. The two distinct looking lines with the space right after really helps.

Earlier I only mentioned how G0 will cancel a Fixed Cycle as simply stating a matter of fact. Not that I was advocating for it in general use.