Hi; I am interested in the Ultimate servo cnc package offered by IM Service- becauase I need an affordable mini machine for home use to develop and prototype an idea I have. I don't really want to screw around wasting time converting a sherline and hoping it works in the end, nor do I want to involve anyone else at a machine shop. I want to get the best machine I can for what I can afford.

I intend to machine 6061 and 7075 mostly; I may need to go to heavier steels. The largest part won't be larger than 4 x 6 x 3 inches. Maintaining a steady coolant flood during machining wont be a problem. Is the sherline up to something like that ? Additionally, it would be ideal to have the machine pay for itself somewhat afterwards by doing an odd job - this necessitates maintaining precision and reliability. I have to ask, regarding the sherline mill- in your experience- how good a finish can I expect for pockets and 3d contoured surfaces ? What kind of precision can I expect with a new system and after some use?

Thank you