586,471 active members*
3,790 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

haas chip sweeper

I saw an ad for a chip sweeper that you add to your Haas VF series mills that is driven by the chip auger a while back. Of course now I can't seem to find any info on it now that I want to get one. Anyone out there know who makes them?

us shop tools.... google them..
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Notes

I recently purchased one and noted several items. It is made for an older Haas with round drain holes drilled in the sheet metal and you just have to drill holes in the removable drain screen and countersink 2 of the screws so the wipers clear. After a short time I noticed the filter screen inside the tank was frequently becoming clogged with small chips. Since the wipers are spring loaded it appears that besides sweeping the drain screen they were also pushing small chips through it. I solved this by adding a spacer to remove the downward pressure of the wipers so it just sweeps the chips into the auger. In my case the drain was just being covered and not clogged, so you need to look at that based on the chip type and material.

http://www.usshoptools.com/current_y...GS_557_559.pdf it's on page 559

Hope that helps.

Hey thanks. I was going to a unit using brushes after seeing something very simular on a conveyor once. Someone told me about the shop tools unit and I was surprised to see how much alike they were in principal. I am using a screen under the removeable oval plate now and this does a pretty good job of keeping the chips out of the tank. It does however keep you scrapping it off after a couple parts too make sure the coolant does not back up.