586,401 active members*
2,977 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Purchase of CNC Lathe & Mill

Hi

Im looking for some advice on the purchase of two machines. A CNC lathe and CNC milling machine. I have narrowed my selection down to 2 manufacturers, EMCO and Schaublin.

Milling Options:
    Emco E600
    Schaublin 48V

Lathe:
    Emco Maxxturn 25
    Schaublin 140 A2-4

There is nothing really in the price between them. So essentially since I’m not a tool maker I think that it may be the additional after sales services that these companies offer that may ultimately make my decision for me.

Pro-Engineer Wildfire is the solid model package that I use. Is there a specific post processor that is required to interact with Pro-Engineer Wildfire? Who offers the better & easiest post sales support?

Thanks
    Dave

Emco

I was looking a purchasing a used EMCO 220 CNC lathe. Beautiful lathe and worked perfect. I needed a few questions answered prior to deciding on purchasing the equipment. The guy only wanted $5,000 for the lathe and it may still be for sale.

I would not give EMCO a very good rating on their customer service. The first call took about a week to get an answer one of two guys on vacation. The last call about a week and a half ago has not yet been returned.

They may have some excellent products but they don't spend much on their customer support department.

I was also told that they are very particular on 3 phase operation. You may need a high end phase convertor if you don't have 3 phase at your shop.

Just something you might want to consider or check out for yourself. This was my experience with EMCO and others may have done better.

John