Like many of you on the forum I've had a very negative experience with BobCad/Cam.

I first approached the company in 2000 and after a convo with
Chris Corbell , then Vice President, Marketing at BobCAD-CAM.

He was impressed with our combat robot "Botzilla" That competed in THC "The Learning Channel" program Robotica, them went on to fight in the British TV series Robot Wars.

We faired well at the competition and killed 3 robots before coming in a nice second place for the season finale.

As promised the BobCad name and logo was prominently displayed on our bot like the ubiquitous Tide or Pennzoil logo on a NASCAR racecar.

Chris agreed to furnish the software to out team in exchange for the great PR they were getting.
I later decided to include BobCad as a sponsor on a high altitude drone program without asking anything in return. I gladly attended major industrial automation shows bringing a robot or drone prototype to showcase the software for folks attending the trade shows.

Chris was awesome, upgrades when we needed them, tech support when we stumbled at no cost per our agreement.

Now near the end or our prototyping for the drone project BobCad refuses to give me a registration code and said they don't support the product anymore. I pointed out that I'm not asking for support, just a registration code so I could activate after reinstallation after a hard drive crash.*
They tried to sell me the newest version and when I asked them again for the code then slammed the door in my face and won't respond to emails or phone calls.

Draw your own conclusions as to whether you want to deal with a company who treats their customers in this manor.*