586,832 active members*
3,149 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Program Manager

Does anyone use a program manager for keeping track of programs , revisions and prints and such? I am having a tough time keeping my programs and prints situated. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Wolog

Boy, boy.... I remember two month ago, there is one gentleman asks the same question. you can try look for that post and read that post maybe you it will help you a lot. I don't know where to search for that post.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Wolog,

A shop I used to work at had directories named by the part number, and inside there would be the current cad file, cam file, and drawing if there was a separate one from the cad file. and also an old folder, where the old revisions went. Of course all the part numbers were inside folders that had customers names on them.

Hope this helps. It's a good system, that's simple to manage and doesn't require extra software to manange.
    "It's only funny until some one get's hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!" Mike Patton - Faith No More Ricochet

Thanks for the replies, but I was looking for the expensive, time consuming and cumbersome route to managing my programs. Ha. I was just thinking beyond the Windows folders thing. I really wanted a way to keep track of the revisions . I may just do what you suggested big_mak. I guess if I organize the folders correctly then it should not be quite so painful. And its free! Well almost free after Bill Gates gets his cut for Windows. Thanks Guys.