586,700 active members*
2,998 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

M41(M91) vs M470(M471)

Hi all,

Can someone explain me how Y-axis knock affects c-axis connecting and disconnecting in Nakamura TW-10, controller Fanuc 18-T (codes like in the title). I got to the point, where I'm able to use 20 pounds hammer to adjust the control panels display, so if somebody knows the problem, please let me know, I appreciate any help...

Regards

Maximusek,

Can you be a little more specific? I have 2 of these exact machines and might be able to help you out if I can understand your problem. M41 for us is spindle selection and M91 is C axis selection. M100 to M199 are pause codes for synching the left and right side. Not sure what M470/M471 is.

JK

Hi there-
    When you say spindle selection are you referring to:
    M41 High
    M42 Low...right??

Can you please give a sample of when and why will you chose aether one.

Thank you

Jorge

Jorge,

Our TW-10's do not have a spindle transmission. When in M41 mode M3-M5 act upon the spindle. When in M91 mode, they act upon the live tooling spindles.

JK

Thank you.

How about this question.
    Tapping (FACING)
    I see a can cycle with a P.

G84ZxxRxxxFxxxPxxx What does "P" do.

I'm new with this big boys.

Thank you for your help.

Jorge

Smile

Thanks, I'll try, sorry for my english...First M470/M471 - machines with C-axis milling can be equipped with Y-axis as an optional unit. Except WT150, STW-40 and STS-40, they have a knock unit to fix Y-axis. When M471 is commanded, the knock pin is out and Y-axis feed is available. M470 - pin is in, Y-axis cannot be feed. Now my problem - tw-10 stopps during transfer at M41. As You know before grab the part(workpiece)I have to rotate turret to correct angle - I need to switch to M91 then come back to M41 to start cut off operation(turning). For some reason machine always stopps at M41 (left turret program). What is weird, I don't get any alarm message. We called service, they check machine using diagnostic mode and told us Y-axis knock blocks M41. I'm sure c-axis on/off works (sensors checked), Y-axis knock too. My question is, does it possible Y-axis knock do something with c-axis??
    Today I run modified program and and I was able to turn OD and Face off with knock in and out, I thought I have to use it during those processes, same like pin should be out when I make chamfers or perform milling. Now it looks like option not necessity. I hope You Guys will understand my explanation and somebody is going to find a solution, anyway I have already enough, time to go to sleep...

Quote Originally Posted by jorgehrr View Post
    Thank you.

How about this question.
    Tapping (FACING)
    I see a can cycle with a P.

G84ZxxRxxxFxxxPxxx What does "P" do.

I'm new with this big boys.

Thank you for your help.

Jorge
    It looks to me, P is dwell programmed in miliseconds, axis feed is suspended...

Mmmmmmm

Interesting

Thank you

:cheers:

Jorge

Maximusek,

We also do not have the Y axis option in our machines so I'm not sure if I can help you out much, but I'll give it a whirl. I think the Y axis lock pin is just there for turning so you know you tools are on center.

I think the problem lies in the M41 / M91 statements. When the part is transfered, you can do it with the spindle running. You dont have to use the C axis to orientate the parts. You do however neet to use the speed sync function (M96 / M97). This will make the two chucks rotate at the same speed so they can both rotate while clamped on the part. If you part has 'shape' to it, you also need to use the phase sync function (M92). This makes the chucks not only run at the same speed, but in the same orientation as well. This will line up the jaws on buth sides before transfer. M93 sets the angle for the right hand side. You just have to turn the right unit chuck by hand to line everything up and issue the M93 in MDI to set the angle. You can manually bring the chuck over and clamp it on the bar to set it up perfectly.

I don't really use the M41/M91 very much at all. When I want to use the C axis I just use the M98P9000 to initiate it, do the work with the live tools, and issue the M41 to end it all and start turning again.

Hope this helps you out.

Good Luck,

JK

JK,
    Thanks for an answer. I know already something about Y-axis knock (I was reading "smart book" for a while - like U see subject made me ....) I cannot transfer with the spindle running, right side chuck doesn't use collet and I have to orientate the part to correct angle. Of course I use M96 but not phase synch., before transfer I send both spindles to G0 C.0 then grab the part and start spining. Problem is/was between M41/M91 and M470/M471. These codes have to be used in correct order. I thought it doesn't matter but I was wrong. It depends also on how You want to call the tool with wear offset or only geom. offset. If You are interested in, I can write something later. Now I have another problem. Machine war running over 5 hours without problem, then today just stopped, left side program called tool, sent to safe position, then I have M75 to initiate right side and nothing. It didn't move. More than that, I can index turret, manually move in x,y and c but z doesn't even move. After reboot, I can move z manually but when I start program, the same situation and of course no alarm message. Did You ever see something like this?