This is definitively not the time to do new projects, still most of the parts, that come to mind when planning a new design, are out of stock. Even the development boards. I will continue to work with the ones I have and after getting a solid prototype, working as I want, I will sit and wait for the semiconductor industry to get back to what it was a few years ago.

I was evaluating the ST motor control SDKs, I had to go back to the previous generation (SDK5.4) since the latest MC-SDK6 is a joke. No examples whatsoever, almost no choices of microcontrollers for the motor control workshop, the information on the internet is for older SDKs not compatible to the CubeIDE, no new video tutorials for the newer MC SDK6 nor information on "how to". The same applies to MATLAB, the new 2022 simulink embedded support package for STm32 controllers is not compatible with the new StcubeMx version, the same for Ti C2000's. We are frozen in time to the times before covid in the software side, but not even near comparison on the hardware side.

Rant off!