586,969 active members*
2,942 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

I would look at the vfd, and the voltage and amperage of the incoming power. If voltage is fluctuating or insufficient amps available then I would solve that first. If those items are good I would suspect the vfd. Imo the cheap Chinese vfds can be flaky.
    If they used a 10 vdc signal from the controller to the vfd you should check that voltage as well.

Re: New owner Torus Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jmhx2 View Post
    I would look at the vfd, and the voltage and amperage of the incoming power. If voltage is fluctuating or insufficient amps available then I would solve that first. If those items are good I would suspect the vfd. Imo the cheap Chinese vfds can be flaky.
    If they used a 10 vdc signal from the controller to the vfd you should check that voltage as well.
    Thank you will definitely take your advise.
    I will change some of the small wiring in there that feeds the VFD to 14awg, the current looks like 18awg. If that doesnt work, then I can try the VFD. I will check the main wiring as well because my PDB struggles as well when loosening. I get the failure message quite frequently when I go to remove a tool. Always in the beginning of the day when everything is cold. I have more than enough supply going to the outlet, 30amp breaker with 10ga wiring.
    Paul

Re: New owner Torus Pro

Quote Originally Posted by againstallodds1 View Post
    Thank you will definitely take your advise.
    I will change some of the small wiring in there that feeds the VFD to 14awg, the current looks like 18awg. If that doesnt work, then I can try the VFD. I will check the main wiring as well because my PDB struggles as well when loosening. I get the failure message quite frequently when I go to remove a tool. Always in the beginning of the day when everything is cold. I have more than enough supply going to the outlet, 30amp breaker with 10ga wiring.
    Paul
    I would still check the input power of the VFD under load. Even with a plentiful supply at the wall it might not be getting to the VFD. A loose connection before the VFD can affect this. It's an easy thing to rule out.

Are you running the PDB from a lead acid battery? This is how mine was originally set up. Many of us have upgraded the battery to a switching type power supply. This is a recommended upgrade by Ray (The designer of the PDB) it has made quite a difference on mine. If you are still using the original battery it might be getting old.