Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
The okuma seems to be a blanket override. Can't find much on it.
it's mainly closed, even for fellow japanes officials; from early years, some of it's achievements are repacked in a cheapar manner/fanuc, then go worldwide

but in the last decade, this gap started to get smaller, as the worlwide competition cathced up, so the genos line appeared

only later i realized that it is "i have no fish" ... ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
I went to Haase to buy a mini mill ... They told me flat out we do not sell to a non business entity or a home user
there are vendors that sell used machines with guarantee similar to a new one; competitive prices, like for the price of a new cnc, you would get an used similar one with higher specs and a new minimill; it's quite of a best deal for a buck

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
Feed rate with this control will leave most speechless

... most of their system they have is covered by Patents
hy mactec, i am pretty sure pete will deliver something to beat it

please, if i may ask, what is your background ? and on what machines type/size does that top cnc goes to ? are you involved in it's development ?

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
what is adaptive control doing?
( trying to ) output within a predifined range, like not only not to overshoot position, speed, inertia or cutting force, but keep it inside an user defined domain

some may argue that position is not caused by adaptive, being too basic to debate, while controlling cutting force is definetly adaptive

adaptive means output within desired tolerance

it may be live, or trained / kindly