Quote Originally Posted by OlmsteadWorkshop View Post
Received a 1.5Kw spindle in the mail today from Amazon for testing. Plugged it and it sang right away. Absolutely no issues. I'm primarily a woodworker but went with the 2.2Kw because bigger is already better right? I think this is going to be perfectly fine for my needs. Thank you so much for your help getting this running Mactec54. Luckily I can still return the other spindle. Just for my future knowledge are there any preferred or generally better regarded VFDS out there? I still fall squarely in the DIY crowd and the huanyang is well regarded there, but I don't mind paying a little more for quality.
The problem is you are running 120v so there are not many VFD Drives that would be better than what you have, 1.5Kw is normally the limit for 120v single Phase supply, the other spindle should of run though, but not that great, so I think it was damaged

So, you should change the Parameters back to the original set I posted except for your motor spec's need to be changed Amps 7 for the 1.5Kw

Bigger is not always better, if you don't have the juice to drive it, 240v the 2.2Kw works best