586,105 active members*
3,246 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > which machine Haas vf 2 or doosan mynx nm 410 ?

which machine Haas vf 2 or doosan mynx nm 410 ?

Hi everyone
    I m comparing Haas vf2 and Doosan NM 410 both are similar in price $.Doosan has 8000 mm/min cutting feed rate,Haas 16000. Please Doosan owners and Haas onwers give me some advises. These day so many machine to choose from make me confused. I m using Haas vf 5, vf 6, vf 4, and vf 2, very happy with them .Now i buy the machine for myself and start on my onwe but which machine ? my budget is for the vf 2 then i saw the doosan that make me think again. Back to my question which one should i get ? ( i m a toolmaker try to set up on my onwe doing general cnc work and Cad/Cam programming Mastercam X2 user). Much appreciated.

I don't own either machine, but I strongly suggest doing a heavy cutting test. Also, see which one can push a 5/8" or 3/4" drill harder in steel. I would put my money on the Doosan. Korean machines run a lot heavier and Fanuc controls are robust.

Dave

Good point Dave. I never work on Doosan machine I like to see how it perform and is it reliable machine. Haas control is friendly to operate but i would not have any problem with fanuc control.

which dealer is closer to you. if you have one machine and are planing on making a living of it you should think of down time if your one machine goes down and you wait 2 week for them to get there....then they have to order parts !!! if the machine that you buy costs more but are right down the road then and have good service people then that means less down time and one machine means if it goes down for a long time you will lose customer. and if you are doing general cnc work speed isnt everything. i would look at the finished price of the haas with all you want on it then go around to other dealers and see if they will match the price. like you sead there is a lot to choose from out there and the machine tool makers know this.

hi axis. both are very close to me and both promise the best service (when you are about to order the machine) like i say price range on the finished machine are very much the same on both.now it come down to the name and realiable. I know Haas can produce part for my job well but somehow less solid build than Doosan (in my opion). I just want to know any happy doosan user out there please give me some advise (lathe and mill).anyway the Haas dealer seem not so keen to offer me some extra in order to win my business(not yet)

I want to set up work shop wherethe it will be all Haas or all Doosan machine

go talk to shops with both types of machines if they are around the same price then service should be the make or break. go find some horror stories they are out there .wether you go all haas or not is up to you but some machine compainies are good at making mill and others lathes its nice to go with one machine tool company but some times it dosnt make sence.ps somtimes you can get a better price by asking for things like software or warrenty. hardware is harder to get ask for a package prices.

I own a Haas mill and Haas lathe. A Daewoo lathe and a Sharp VMC
    The Sharp has bix ways and I think that is the difference between the Haas and Daewoo you are looking at based on the faster feeds of the Haas. Don't let that fool ya. Box ways really let you get after the cut!!
    HP figures are in favor of the Daewoo as well. Haas rates their motors at 200% for 30 seconds while Daewoo rates them for 30 minuites at 200%. Big difference.
    Haas controls are easy to use but so are Fanucs.
    I would not buy the same brand machine just so I could have all the same. I would buy what was best at it's particular task. You can standardize controls though.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie28 View Post
    I want to set up work shop wherethe it will be all Haas or all Doosan machine
    This is a good principle especially if you have to train your own people from scratch. But as PBMW says don't let it blind you to the fact that the machine should suit the job. I have all Haas and I am happy with them but the largest and strongest material I machine is 2-3/4" leaded steel and 90% of what we do is 6061 round bar 2-5/16" and 2-1/16"; a machine capable of really heavy work is not needed.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

We ran Doosan cnc's for 7 years, no problems, regular maintenace kept them happy.
    menomana

I have programmed both HAAS and Daewoo/Doosan Machines. I found that the Doosan was a much heavier and rigid machine. Programming the Fanuc was also no problem.
    From my experience, I would buy the Doosan. Great Machine!!!

thank you for the advises