586,975 active members*
3,022 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > WHICH LASER ENGRAVER?? TOO MANY CHOICES... NEJE, Atomstack, Sculpfun, Ortur HELP!

WHICH LASER ENGRAVER?? TOO MANY CHOICES... NEJE, Atomstack, Sculpfun, Ortur HELP!

Looking for my first laser engraver/cutter. I have fairly extensive experience with cnc as I'm a machinist, but in this low cost laser world I'm a bit lost on what to purchase. Im looking in the $200-$500 range and there are so many options all of which claim to be superior of course. My main questions are these..

1. Which of the above brands (or if you have any other suggested brands), has the best customer support?

2. Does one brand produce better quality laser modules than another?, or do they all have essentially the exact same components and build quality?

3. Does one brand hold a clear lead on frame build quality and possibly better bearings etc?

4. I tend to lean towards useful mechanical type items vs "artsy" creations, so I would imagine I will mostly enjoy the cutting aspects of laser cnc use. That said, will I be frustrated with a 5500mw laser? (thinking of cutting up to 1/4" or 6mm ply) and should I be looking at a stacked diode 11000mw or is it a matter of air assist and a few more passes?

5. What does a 50watt or 40watt laser have over a 30watt laser when the optical power is 5500mw on each? this is confusing, and almost seems like a market ploy rather than actuall upgraded specs.

Look, I understand opinions will vary, and people tend to lean towards what they ended up buying as its human nature to validate ones own purchase when you have had good results. Im mostly looking to ping you guys that have been doing this a while and have owned several different machines :stickpoke, as thats the only way in my opionion to form a meaningful bias towards a certain unit. I appriciate your time reading my post and am excited to see some input!

Thank you all,
    Cheers
    :cheers:

Re: WHICH LASER ENGRAVER?? TOO MANY CHOICES... NEJE, Atomstack, Sculpfun, Ortur HELP!

1. havent tried soppurt from either

2 i own an ortur laser master 2 pro and neje laser master 2s max. My neje is a 10 watt output module and a have upgraded mny ortur with a neje A40640 laser head too for cutting.

3. machine wise i find the ortur and neje to be quite similar.

4. For cutting i wouldn't go with anything less then a double diode laser module(10W output), air assisted and honeycomb work bed as diode laser will need all the help it can get. but Honestly i regret buying the diode lasers at this point and wish i had bought a chinese co2 laser instead, and i use mine primarily for cutting 3mm mdf.

5 all that matters is output effect, so two laser with 5500mW output does the same job and does so half as well as a 10000mw laser. though in my experience diode laser has inadequate cooling so they tend to drop output power as they get warm and thus doesn't do longer cut jobs all that well.

Re: WHICH LASER ENGRAVER?? TOO MANY CHOICES... NEJE, Atomstack, Sculpfun, Ortur HELP!

Ended up with a K40, not sure how to delete the thread.. but it can be deleted as noone had any interest.

Cody

Thank you Michael, I did end up going with a K40 to get started. It has required quite a few upgrades to make it enjoyable to use, but it does work very well, and cuts really nicely with 1/4" ply and solid woods. So far I've been very impressed with the accuracy and quality of projects that have come off of it.

Cody

I totally recommended a laser engravers by Wattsan, its very good machines for engraving
    Check the site https://wattsan.com/

I recommend a Chinese laser company. I have bought two 6000W laser cutting machines from this company. I have used them for three years. The machines are very good. I am very grateful to my friends for recommending the laser cutting machine to me. she.
    WhatsApp 008617636308408
    Email: [email protected]

Lightbulb Re: WHICH LASER ENGRAVER?? TOO MANY CHOICES... NEJE, Atomstack, Sculpfun, Ortur HELP!

I recommend a Monport laser engraver.https://monportlaser.com
    Monport laser, selling good quality and affordable laser machines and providing first-class customer service. In the past, a professional laser engraving machine that could engrave thousands of materials was very expensive.
    Monport currently offers three types of laser machines: desktop laser engraving machine, industrial laser engraving machine, and fiber laser marking machine, which are all available for purchase at Monportlaser.com.

1. Monport Desktop laser engraving machine is famous for its accessibility, versatility and portability. Monport compact 40W desktop laser engraving machine can make perfect engravings, cutting to ”⅛” plywood and acrylic. The machine design is suitable for your creative needs and is the favorite creative tool for family lovers, artists and small enterprises.https://monportlaser.com/collections...laser-engraver

2. Monport industrial laser engraving machines are famous for their high speed and powerful laser cutting ability. Monport CO2 laser engraving & cutting machines can not only cut plexiglass / acrylic, but also cut a variety of non-metallic materials, such as wood / fabric / leather / crystal / bamboo. Monport laser engraving machines can be used in many industries, such as model, advertising, decoration, articles and gifts, toys, machine masks and so on.https://monportlaser.com/collections...laser-engraver

3. Monport fiber laser marking machines offer you more possibilities to mark. You are able to test it on metal material like gold, silver, stainless steel and more. Plus, it has higher accuracy and its patterns are more delicate. With a Galvo Drive and variable lenses, you are able to explore a much deeper and more beautiful laser design world!https://monportlaser.com/collections...laser-engraver

“Customers use our most popular industrial CO2 laser engraving machine series every day. I’m always surprised by the projects they share with us,” said by Yuki Jiang from our customer center.

Opening Sale for sign-ups which started April 13, 2022 is available now, 5% off at all the laser machines. Visit https://monportlaser.com for more information on the sales.

About Monport

Monport is born to bring affordable and outstanding laser engraving systems to more general industry workers and makers, assisting them to practice and turn their wonders into reality! Monthly payment, free shipping to US 48 states, sufficient supplies, in-time pre-sale and post-sale service offered to provide good quality machines and services.