Hi all - I’ve been running older Epilog machines for years, Legend models specifically. I recently purchased another and shipped it across Canada based on the seller’s business reviews, and a good gut feeling after we spoke. I was told it was a “great running machine” and he was simply upgrading to be able to do larger work.

Well, the machine never worked properly from day one with the laser either firing intermittently, or not at all. The PO tells me it’s a tube warm up issue, and that all I have to do is “Send the job two or three times until the laser fires, and then it’s good for several hours”. I’ve never had to warm up a tube, maybe just lucky I guess. But from what I understand, any warm up time more than 5-10 seconds is a sign of a failing tube. Am I wrong, or does anyone else here have to send jobs multiple times in the AM to get their tube firing, and then again later on in the day? My thought is that he found a work around to limp along an old tube but would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance.