586,132 active members*
2,618 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mastercam X2 Posts

I just got MCX2 up and running.

This machine definitions / control setup is new to me.

Does anyone have the posts/machine definitions for the following??

Haas Mini-Mill
    Mitsubishi HA series wire EDM
    Mitsubishi FX series Wire EDM
    Cinicinattia Hawk turning center w/ Fanuc controller

Thanks

Nerfman

Contact your dealer they can help you get this going.

I am working with my dealer...It looks like it will take 3-4 weeks before I am fully up and running. The Haas post they sent is a 4 axis post, so it generates "A" moves which causes the machine to error out. There is no post for the FX Mits and The HA Mits I have is too old and is not supported, so it will take an extra week or two to get that one taken care of. They don't have one at all for the Cincinatti so again I am stuck with the generic post which does not put out the correct code eventually I will work through this..

So you can see why I am trying to find them online...

I will be getting the Haas VF post for X2 tomorrow

Hi I am from Bulgaria and I want to tell you something.What you mean for YCM CNC machine.

aaa

Quote Originally Posted by nerfman View Post
    I am working with my dealer...It looks like it will take 3-4 weeks before I am fully up and running. The Haas post they sent is a 4 axis post, so it generates "A" moves which causes the machine to error out. There is no post for the FX Mits and The HA Mits I have is too old and is not supported, so it will take an extra week or two to get that one taken care of. They don't have one at all for the Cincinatti so again I am stuck with the generic post which does not put out the correct code eventually I will work through this..

So you can see why I am trying to find them online...

I'm currently tweaking my post fo rmy VF2. I tried using the debugger to locate where the "A0." is being inserted, but it might as well be written upside down and backwards. I'm also trying to get the tool comment on the same line as the tool change. Any luck on yours?

Haas Post

I have a pretty good Haas post that puts the tool list in the program and you can change operator notes. It may not do everything your wanting, but it out put good code. If you are still needing a Haas post send me a reply. I did this post in v9 and have brought it over to X2 and it outputs good. bradmancue

go in to the post from the bottom up there will be a line 164 tat is set ith a "Y" change this to a "N" and this will fix the "A" output.

do you need a sample?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

in mastercam x2 if you are using the generic Haas post which comes with the system(see bottom of post if you didn't get more than 1 post) then the A axis output is controlled by the Machine definition and can be turned off real simple.

Step 1: Go into the machine definition from Settings menu
    step 2: Look for the icon at the top that has multi colored lines(Axis Combos)

Step 3: In the Axis Combos page select the axis combo show at the top. Then in the box in the lower right find the rotary axis and uncheck that box.

step 4: exit the Axis Combos page and go back to Machine Def Manager. Save and Exit.

Now when you post there should be no A axis output because you removed that component from the axis combination.

Additional post processors: There are additional post processors that are on the install cd's. You need to browse the CD's and look for the post processor install. It is in a folder on the CD. I don't recall what the folder name is and I don't have a disk handy. I also don't recall if it is on disk 1 or 2 but I think it is on disk 1.

If you are still having issues pm me.

AC
    AC
    Has anyone seen my pillow?

Sorry alex that does not always work. the best way still is to turn of in the post like we have for years.

Now if you click on the A axis in the machine Def and delete it. now you will no longer output.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Yea, guess thats true. I don't know where his post has come from(I assumed the dealer sent the Generic_haas_4x from cd or at least a modern one) and that will have a huge impact.

AC
    AC
    Has anyone seen my pillow?