586,584 active members*
2,789 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: price

price

what is the average yearly price to lease matercamx mill?

One seat will cost you about 14k if you get all the bells and whistles.
    updates and support will cost you about 10% of the price per year.
    Sounds like alot but I think it's the best deal going right now. Mastercam has over 235,000 seats world wide. That's alot of users helping to make the software better all the time. They do updates and fixs several times a year. So you get the latest and greatest software to use.
    Be carefull what you wish for, you might get it.

14k?

14k? to buy? what about leasing?

You may not need a $14K so dont go by that figure. I would suggest talking to your local dealer so he can help figure out what you need and then he can probably set you up with a leasing company.

The leasing price depends on how much it costs and how long you lease it for. Leasing is no different than getting a loan to buy it. In some cases Leasing may cost more than if you got a loan from your local banker.

Figure out which features you need first and which Mastercam package has those features. Then get a price to buy and a price to lease.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Just buy it, I think??

Quote Originally Posted by JROM View Post
    One seat will cost you about 14k if you get all the bells and whistles.
    updates and support will cost you about 10% of the price per year.
    Sounds like alot but I think it's the best deal going right now. Mastercam has over 235,000 seats world wide. That's alot of users helping to make the software better all the time. They do updates and fixs several times a year. So you get the latest and greatest software to use.
    My local dealer, about 250 miles away, said it's 5K, 7K or 11k. Level 1-2or3. + $1k lathe and $1k Art off 2 months ago sale. As far as leasing , I know a few guys that have really got going and then bought after about $5k more in training. Like leasing a car, flush your money down the toilet, Just buy it and dedicate to learning the best system in the world.

If you need it.(That much power)

Just my 2 cents.

depends what you need

depends what you need, get in touch with a dealer, they are very nice and should help you accordingly.......

I payed $5,000 and it 450 a year

You need to talk with your dealer to find waht you need as there are all diffrent levels and diffeent types of products as for leasing talk to the dealer as we get calls from leasing companys all the time asking if we have customers that want to lease. I do not know the cost as once again it depends on what you get.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Regarless of whether you buy or lease. you really don't own it. According to my dealer you don't really own any software if you read the license agreement... . something I've not done or care to. If you sell your business, can you sell the software? Can a secured creditor take the software in a default situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugg View Post
    If you sell your business, can you sell the software?
    Depends. Some companies will allow you to transfer the license (some will charge a fee), and some will not let you. Autodesk is one that will not allow license transfers.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)