it looks like the problem is resolved with the mill which is good because getting a new spare driver has proven to be troublesome in itself . To save a few bux I ordered from keling on ebay . The ebay global shipping to here in Canada is pretty tragic but it is much cheaper than buying from tormach . I'd buy it direct from the keling site but the site shows no shipping to Canada and it's easier to go through ebay for the same price than to contact him and have him send me an invoice . The package arrived yesterday and it was super light , so much so that I knew there was nothing but an empty box . Turns out there was something in the box and it was the male female adapter that comes with the driver . To top it off I paid dhl duties last week which shows on the tracking the payment has been made but they keep hounding me by email to pay again . They don't make it easy to talk to someone

The package weight in the tracking indicates that there was no driver in the box , so either it was never sent or someone at the global shipping depot got themselves a score . John has contacted me to call him and getting through is a bit of a problem , I'm sure he will make things right once we can talk . I've never had a problem with him in the past , nor have I read where someone has been burned so who knows where the driver landed

At least the mill is back to normal and is running great , otherwise a poor decision would have it collecting dust . I'm pretty sure that power connection was the issue , a short in the motor would have likely blown the drive board vs the main board . Either way it's got a new x motor and I shouldn't have any problems for a while , at least with that mill