586,465 active members*
3,703 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > In Fanuc 15ma Control System With Bmi Pmc Spindle Don't Rotate Neither From ....

Smile In Fanuc 15ma Control System With Bmi Pmc Spindle Don't Rotate Neither From ....

Hi
    Is It Possible To Help Me For The Following Problem:
    In Fanuc 15ma Control System With Bmi Pmc, Spindle Don't Rotate Neither From Control Panel Neither By Command From Mdi Mode.
    In Ladder There Are Two Contact In Sequence For Running M3 And M4 , First One Is F Type Register Which Activiate By Command From Mdi , The Second Is R Register With Address R500.2 Which Is Not Activiated.
    Drive And Controller Are Safe. What Can R Register Related To?
    Is It A Parameter? Or May It Be Wire Connection Problem?
    Or Other Item ?
    Your Respond Is Appreciated In Advance.
    Mehdif

The R500.2 is a register output bit# in the PMC and if this is what is holding the M3 M4 up, then you should search for the R500.2 output rung and see what conditions it, i.e. check the functions that activate this rung output.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Dear Albert

The R500.2 register is not an out put rung.
    I should explain that by commanding m3 or pushing start button on operator panel , spindle rotates with 1-2 rev/min , as you have started spindle without S command, more over there is not difference between m4 and m3 which means these commands are not activated in fact.The ladder shows R500.2 OFF and in symbol view in ladder R500.2 is shown with = sign.
    mehdif

The R values in the PMC are usually used for internal register, so there is obviously something setting and resetting this bit.
    The F registers are used to pass information from the CNC to the PMC, the G registers pass info back from the PMC to the CNC side.
    If you have a hard copy of the relevent ladder pages you could scan, I could take a look at it.
    Al.
    (not Albert).

Albert E.

Hi
    This R500.2 register ,I have searched through all the ladder, has been used several place for example in the mirror and some other items, it is not out put but like input despite its name! I doubt whether it can be a keep relay parameter? or it can be something set by Nc?
    I was looking for similar case in this site, searching spindle problems , one case was just in contrast with mine , he couldn't stop spindle,feed hold was the item somebody referred to for remedy?
    Is it possible that feed hold(from wire connections or from nc) to be the cause.
    It seems to me that the ladder is some basic one which is supplied by FANUC and machine manufacturer dosen't know about,I couldn't get answer neither form Fanuc nor manufacturer.So I hope could find the solution here.

Hard copy of ladder for Al_The_Man

To Al
    Hi
    I prepared part of ladder as we see in machine for you.
    There are act 'functional instruction' between each line that ( I didn't show in ladder),I put the spec of act in attached file,the only difference between act are increase the number I have pointed out by 1 for each repeat. Any how these instructions are active by m command and the problem is R500.2 register which is not used as out put to be set by other inputs.
    mehdif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails part of ladder.jpg  

On line 3 it shows R500.2 as a rung output, (not physical output) Program End.
    The 500.2 bit will be set/reset by this rung.
    I will look through some other examples of the spindle control I have to see how it compares.
    Al.

Albert E.

Attention Al_The_Man

Sorry for my mistake which was miss type.( copy and paste problems)

The out put are not R500.0 ....... R500.5 -- those are R005.0 ...... R005.5

and program end is R005.2

I attached here again the correct one. Thank you for your respond.
    Somebody in verbal discussion told me R500.2 despite its name is something in machine side.
    mehdif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails part of ladder.jpg  

It could possibly be that R500 is set up for a counter or timer value, I do not have access to my 15PMC manual until Tuesday 7th as it is a Holiday here on Mon.
    I will check then, unless you get answer in the mean time.
    Also check the position of the tool changer and any gear shift arrangement (confirm it is in gear).
    Al.

Albert E.