586,124 active members*
3,015 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

True Or False(home/limit Option)

Hey everyone, Should this work on a 3-axis using Xylotex?:

2 switches in series each axis for home/limit, individual pins total 3 for 3axis.
    Home is limit=yes.
    Disable all limit switches in I/o.
    Any pins out of 10,11,12,13,15 active high except for pin11.
    Enable home switches in I/O

And I guess disable all home switches except the axis your working on. When this one works disable it and move on to next axis and enable it.

Thanks in advance.

Flutehead,
    I have it working on three axis (if you are in the turbocnc group, you already know this)

"2 switches in series each axis for home/limit, individual pins total 3 for 3axis"
    Yes as long as the switches are NC!

"Home is limit=yes.
    Disable all limit switches in I/o."
    Yes and Yes

"Any pins out of 10,11,12,13,15 active high except for pin11
    Enable home switches in I/O"
    Yes and Yes

"And I guess disable all home switches except the axis your working on. When this one works disable it and move on to next axis and enable it."
    Yes and Yes when you are setting things up. Once properly setup, enable ALL HOME switches. DONOT enable limit switches!

Should work for you as it does for me:}) :cheers:
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Great, I haven't homed yet with motors on. I tried with motors off and I forget which sequence the axis will home in. I may have tripped the wrong switch manualy and if saw no home I tripped the other and home was recognized when released. then if called a g28 again, the other switch was recognized. It kinda swapped back and forth each time g28 was called in MDI. This was when only 2 homes were enabled in config.

I don't remember the sequence for sure, but think it is done in axis order (1,2,3) or (X,Y,Z) because I use my own custom version that allows me to home one axis at a time. EG. I issue the command G28 X0 and it will home only the X axis. It was setup this way because of some of the obstructions that I had originally and in some cases still have. Its easier to watch one axis at a time to see if it is going to hit something:})

Also, when I originally set things up, I would jog to the middle of the axis and then simulate the tripping of the switch by hand. This way, I could easily observe that the axis actually stopped and as long as I held the switch, it would move in the reverse direction. This also allow me to see that the darn axis was moving in the correct direction in the first place!
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Yeah, I was trippin the switches by hand too. Everything works now, it homes and it trips for limit. Got a little scared at first because I wasn't lookin at the z when homing, it tripped though, even though I checked before hand. I still have one more to rig-up on the z for (-) limit, it aught to be interesting.