586,308 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Can someone help figure this out, please?
Page 1 of 2 12

Can someone help figure this out, please?

I am just beginning to work in mastercam v9.1. I have made one simple solid (in ProDesktop) for practice but I can't figure out how to make toolpath for it. Here's a pic

I have attached file in .IGES (3 versions) and .DES format for you who want to help me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I only see the des version...I can't use that

Windrider,

The best format to upload would be .mc9 or a parasolid (.xt).

Yeah, I now saw that I have uploaded log files for IGES I have uploaded it again.
    Unfortunately I can't export .mc9 file from PRO/Desktop. I can export .STEP file if that suits you guys more.

if i were you i would first try surface rough pocket. when you figure out a few things and make it work then try surface parallel then surface contour.
    many toolpaths will work but you need to learn which one you prefer for your own procedure. i use these toolpaths the most and they are very reliable for my application. i make many prototype and short run jobs so cycle times are not as important as programming time. also i leave the machine unattended many times on unproven programs so i have confidence that they won't crash.

see mc9 file

[email protected]

if you send email i will reply file

Thanks for your advice. I have sent you an e-mail.

I have some problems sending you e-mail. I have yahoo account and I keep getting failure notices. Do you have any other e-mail I can send to?

Windrider,
    I'm with Billy on the rough pocket, surface parrallel and contour are also good usually no problem toolpaths, but finish project is a great toolpath for this part. If I get some time I will post a video on what I have. I do have a sample of blend on my site. it is not your part but you can look it over to see the finish. go to the site below look for blend.
    Steve
    www.cad2cam.blogspot.com
    www.cad2cam.net
    Programmer/ Certified Cam Instructor

Thank you all for your help. Billystein thanks for e-mailing me, that really helped me. I've done somethins with Surface finish/contour and I will post it later for you guys to tell me what you think.

Thanks, once again!

I've attached my mc9 file. Is it fine?

Quote Originally Posted by windrider View Post
    Yeah, I now saw that I have uploaded log files for IGES I have uploaded it again.
    Unfortunately I can't export .mc9 file from PRO/Desktop. I can export .STEP file if that suits you guys more.

STEP Files are better with solid models than Iges.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

(
    STEP Files are better with solid models than Iges.) With this thought Iges does not support solid data only surface and Splines and Standard wire fram. but if you know the right flavor setting in Pro-e you can get a supper clean file from it to Mastercam.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Will you let us know what flavor you are talking about, please?

Quote Originally Posted by windrider View Post
    Will you let us know what flavor you are talking about, please?

I'm thinking Blueberry but this could be wrong.

Seriously, he might be talking about exploding the Geometry or something of that nature before exporting to Mastercam.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Pro_e has for Iges diffirent options and they are refrenced by most Pro-e user as flavors of settings to output. if they are set right you get clean surface file if not you can get surfaces missing or were there should be a trimmed surface you get the parent surface be the the untrimmed surface.

(he might be talking about exploding the Geometry) this my friend is an autodesk term usally used in Autocad.

PS Toby how in the hell are ya?
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    PS Toby how in the hell are ya?

Pretty good......How the hell are you????

I got my friend on his way with his Mastercam and he is a Happy Camper. He calls me a few times a week to say,"Did you know Mastercam can do this???"

The job with the Mazak Lathes didn't go far because a buddy of mine needed a job and he already knew the Machines well. Needless to say, I did what I felt was best for everyone

The Software itself is a Marvel. I'm just glad I could be of some help

BTW: Have you seen BCC V2007 yet? It is coming along nicely. You should take a look.

Cheers!!!!!:cheers:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

long time no email windrider,,

if u ever need more help feel free to email me if u still have my email [email protected]

i dont regularly check this forum but i do check my emails,,

btw big deal if iges is a little sloppy its good for practice for those of you that are a little green in the surfacing aspect of things. but yes .x_t (parasolid) is definitly the best format to convert.

Page 1 of 2 12