586,602 active members*
3,233 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 15 of 20 51314151617
    hi all
    matt here
    im a complete newbie to the forum thingy in general.
    i am in brisbane where it is currently pouring rain.
    i have recently bought a super x3 and some steppers and stuff and am slowly setting it up. i am curious about getting mach3 to control the spindle. does anyone know if there is a way connect directly to the existing spindle controller board on the machine?? would be great if that was possible!
    would love to hear from any locals too. the home cnc scene in oz does seem a bit lonely compared with other nations

any links or ideas welcome

thanks

Smile

Hi Matt,
    We are around and we have a local woodworking CNC forum here
    http://www.woodworkforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=170
    We do stray into CNC lathes and mills as well.

CNCZone is by far the best resource for information though.
    Look in the Benchtops Machines section here
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164
    and you will find all you need to know about converting an X3 to CNC.

There are a few of us that have done X3 and SuperX3 conversions in Oz.

Peter Homann is our local guy who does all the mumbo jumbo electronic stuff so send him an email and see what he can do about hooking up the X3 spindle controller. If it can be done he either has it or will know where to source it.
    http://www.homanndesigns.com/

That should keep you busy for a while.
    cheers,
    Rod

Perth, Western Australia

hi
    thanks rod, I will check it out and see what i can find.

thanks
    matt

Hi all

Just a quick post to say hi.

I've been looking at venturing into the world of hobby CNC and found cnczone in my google travels.

Awesome site! Keep up the fine work.

Hi there i'm Wes from Maitland N.s.w i have brought a cnc plasma gantry kit from bulltear plasma, well its all assembled but having heaps of trouble setting up the the mach3 software wondering if there is anyone out there that has the skills?
    not looking for freebies just someone with experiance?
    anyone out there?

Quote Originally Posted by tuf045 View Post
    Hi there i'm Wes from Maitland N.s.w i have brought a cnc plasma gantry kit from bulltear plasma, well its all assembled but having heaps of trouble setting up the the mach3 software wondering if there is anyone out there that has the skills?
    not looking for freebies just someone with experiance?
    anyone out there?
    Hi tuf045 , welcome to the forum good to hear/see another aussie on here.

I will make a huge assumption you haven't yet joined " Home of Mach3 and Artsoft www.machsupport.com FORUM " for assistance and guidance. If you haven't joined this group I would strongly suggest you do.

There is also a network of Artsoft support groups and even on www.cnczone.com section has a support group.

If you list what issues your having with mach3 software, people will give you some form of guidance as there are very knowledgeable uses of Mach3 software.

Post the issue your having in the Mach Software (ArtSoft software) index section of the forum " Machine Controllers Software and Solutions " http://www.cnczone.com/forums/index.php and people will gladly help you with any problems.

Good luck with the plasma cutting

cheers

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by FPV_GTp View Post
    Hi tuf045 , welcome to the forum good to hear/see another aussie on here.

I will make a huge assumption you haven't yet joined " Home of Mach3 and Artsoft www.machsupport.com FORUM " for assistance and guidance. If you haven't joined this group I would strongly suggest you do.

There is also a network of Artsoft support groups and even on www.cnczone.com section has a support group.

If you list what issues your having with mach3 software, people will give you some form of guidance as there are very knowledgeable uses of Mach3 software.

Post the issue your having in the Mach Software (ArtSoft software) index section of the forum " Machine Controllers Software and Solutions " http://www.cnczone.com/forums/index.php and people will gladly help you with any problems.

Good luck with the plasma cutting

cheers
    will do that and see how i go. my problems are not with the computer or the software the problem is me not understanding the instuction that come with the bulltear gantry kit i brought.

Hi all, I'm Daniel from Perth, in the process of building myself a 4 axis machine with the help of Rod Parsons. Using a 50:1 harmonic drive for my 4th axis, all driven by a Gecko G540.

Still fairly new to the hobby CNC world, but thoroughly hooked thanks to SKoT McDonald giving me access to his machine at the Artifactory.

50:1

Quote Originally Posted by atrophy View Post
    Hi all, I'm Daniel from Perth, in the process of building myself a 4 axis machine with the help of Rod Parsons. Using a 50:1 harmonic drive for my 4th axis, all driven by a Gecko G540.

Still fairly new to the hobby CNC world, but thoroughly hooked thanks to SKoT McDonald giving me access to his machine at the Artifactory.
    I would like to pick your brain on the 50:1 where did you get it how much etc.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul3112 View Post
    I would like to pick your brain on the 50:1 where did you get it how much etc.

Paul
    I managed to get a full 4th axis (Stepper + Harmonic Drive + Chuck) from ballscrewpro on eBay, looks like he has several as he has relisted since i bought mine (link). I paid $688US all up + shipping which only took 2 days to Perth. I was originally looking at just buying a gearhead and building the 4th axis from scratch, but when this came up i pounced on it.

Thanx

ah seize the moment purchase. nice work.

Hi all,
    I just bought myself a used Okuma LR15. Based in Blacktown NSW.
    I'm just 18 and ive worked intensively of OMAX Waterjets, AMADA Laser Cutters and Injection Moulders.

It's good to know that I've got great support from all of you here.

Currently my Lathe has a custom chuck on it, I'm looking to buy a used 8",10" or 12" chuck so I can start working on it. If anyone has seen a power chuck not in use, I'll be very interested.

Thanks Guys
    Raj

G'day all,

From Canberra - but don't hold that against me

Have a Multicam Designer for the last 10 years or so. Love it. Practically indestructible, and very reliable. Used mainly for alloy work, but wood and acrylic are also fed in. Have done 32mm alloy bits quite succesfully. Mainly made to order car parts. Also into 3d and lithophanes.

Have reached the point where the file sizes I want to run are larger than the Multicam 'computer' can handle (About 4 meg). I've got Mach 3 software, and would love to know if anyone has a tried modification/retrofit path to update the controller/driver boards to be instucted by a PC/Mach3.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Clive

a

Hi Clive, I'm in Melb.

Got a manual or any info on the controller and the motors?
    There are a few options in retroing machines.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Clivec View Post
    a

Hi all
    Just found this post, from Sydney northern beaches , on my 2nd build of new cnc. http://cnczone.com/forums/hobby_disc...ml#post1057071
    Great too see lots of Aussie members, have there ever been any members from Sydney meeting up anywhere,
    Cheers
    Riche.

G'day Riche,

I haven't heard of any Sydney CNC BBQ/get togethers as yet, but we had one last year at Newcastle (Raymond Terrace). Haven't had a follow-up one as yet. Maybe Central Coast? It was good to see/talk to other people making their own machines for varying purposes. I guess this forum fills the void for most of us...!
    - Craig.
    my JOES2006 build thread - http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106995

Hi Craig
    Just found your reply sorry,
    Yeah would have been good too have met up with other members,
    Maybe there might be one this year
    Cheers
    Riche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI All. Just an introduction... I have a cheap-o chinese laser and it's driving me crazy. Maybe it'll work one day... or maybe it was a waste of money!

Ok Ipswich QLD
    Silkstone area looking for like minded CNC people for assistance LOL sound like a dating advert

Page 15 of 20 51314151617