586,619 active members*
2,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 16 of 20 61415161718
    Hey. My name is James, I live in Cooranbong on the central coast of NSW. I have been very keen to do something for years with CNC. Never had the space or time or money but progressively I have been able to get a 3axis controller and some NEMA motors off eBay and have made good use of the work printer for A3 sized JGRO plans. Want to just start off small and get something going. But then I want to make up something hybrid to do 1m x3m sizes. Also want to have a play with plasma and/or laser depending on experience with the first machine.
    Is there any body around Newcastle-Central coast area with a machine I could come and have a look at?

Hi there, I am in Warrnambool South Western Victoria, have almost completed building a cnc router, in the final stages, I am more than happy to answer any questions,(not that I know very much, but it is still a learning process). I would like to hear from any one close by, and swap any ideas or answer any questions.

Regards
    Nick

Hi Rob, I have a Hafco Mill Drill I was thinking about converting to cnc, I f you have any ideas or advice I would gr3eatly appreciate it.

Regards
    Nick

Hi Bob, I live in Warrnambool, and I have nearly completed building a cnc router, still the finer details left to complete, if you like to contact me and discuss any ideas or issues I would really appreciate it.

Regards
    Nick

Hi,
    I am in Kew Victoria.

Some links for belts and other bits AusXmods
    for motors and drivers ( but iread you have these ) Homann Designs!, The preferred CNC Component Supplier
    and last some mechanical parts CNC AND CUPCAKE WORLD items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!
    All these guys are in Australia!!
    If you think I can assist, drop a PM mate, good luck with your project

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Jim981 View Post
    Hey. My name is James, I live in Cooranbong on the central coast of NSW. I have been very keen to do something for years with CNC. Never had the space or time or money but progressively I have been able to get a 3axis controller and some NEMA motors off eBay and have made good use of the work printer for A3 sized JGRO plans. Want to just start off small and get something going. But then I want to make up something hybrid to do 1m x3m sizes. Also want to have a play with plasma and/or laser depending on experience with the first machine.
    Is there any body around Newcastle-Central coast area with a machine I could come and have a look at?
    Hi James, I'm in Kotara Newcastle. I built a JOES2006 diy CNC commencing a few years back. Still going well now. My build thread is linked in my signature block below. You're welcome to come for a look if we can work out a time/day that suits us both. PM me if you like.
    - Craig.
    my JOES2006 build thread - http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106995

All,

Just want to make myself known on here...
    Living in Melbourne, here is my build thread : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...tch_build.html

hope to be making chips very soon.

-Mig.

Far North, Wet Tropical Queensland, Cyclone Country.
    Rebuilding my CNC Shark in 20mm/10mm aluminium plus increasing the z axis about 50mm.
    Cheers
    Wolffie

Quote Originally Posted by epineh View Post
    Heh, I was near about two weeks ago, drove the family down (from Cairns) to do the theme park thing for a week, maybe next time

Russell.
    Hi Russell
    I am looking for contact for Andrew
    Cheers
    Wolffie

PM Sent

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffie View Post
    Hi Russell
    I am looking for contact for Andrew
    Cheers
    Wolffie

Thank you Russell
    Received and replied to.
    Cheers
    Wolffie

Re: Aussie members

Hi everyone, another cnc user in Warrnambool Vic, anyone close by sent me an e-mail, would be more any happy to share any ideas'

Nick

Re: Aussie members - Warrnambool Vic

Hi Nick & Welcome to the world of cncforum , " Warrnambool Vic " woooooooooo you lucky devil nice fishing country Victoria for bream and further northish either side trout waters.

Shoot me a PM what other forums your a member to , will direct you more aussie members with similar interest to you.

Cheers
    For Sale - ( Melb, Australia ) Heenan & Froude G490EH Engine Dynamometer. High Speed /Horsepower rating

Hi James, I started with a small 3 axis Seig X3super small mill and converted it to cnc. Now I have an industrial DMG 50t 3+2 axis machining centre. I'm located in Gosford on the Central Coast. If I can help let me know.
    Cheers
    Nick
    The more I learn, the more I find there is to learn
    Regards Nick

Another Aussie here with a 3x1.5m 3 axis CNC machine still under construction.
    It is taking me quite a bit longer to build than I thought. Sourcing parts in Australia can be extremely hard. but getting there.
    Oh yeah I live in Clayton Vic

Hi,
    These are in Melb:
    Stepper Motors : Homann Designs!, The preferred CNC Component Supplier Have a good look around Peters site. These is lots of quality things to be found.
    CNC AND CUPCAKE WORLD items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores! The guys here are nice to deal with. Husband and wife team so we get cupcakes and beer stuff as well. ;-)
    Handy Steel Stocks They will cut to size and have good prices.

This guy is in NSW AusXmods Timming belts and pulleys ( if you are going the belt path)

Fred is in China. I have been dealing with Fred for 3 - 4 years. Alway helpful and good prices. always check the freight cost!!
    BST AUTOMATION - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling servo ac motor,sbr16,ff10 and more on Aliexpress.com.

Hope that helps

Paul

P.S KEW

g'day all. just joined, as i found myself the owner of 'a project' last week... a new hermes 810 engraving machine, complete - except for most of it! just the basic chassis and xyz steppers, plus a driver board TB8620 (?) 3 axis. i'm planning to connect it up pretty much as is, then get it working with 'some software' then think about modifying it. i'm trying to find info about engraving spindles - it has some sort of engraving bit, drag i guess. (ps, i'm in melbourne...)
    -russ

Hi Russ,
    Welcome aboard Russ

Cheers,

Peter
    -------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com/store

Welcome russ57 to the forum , where abouts in Melbouren are you located , North , South , East or West ??

cheers
    For Sale - ( Melb, Australia ) Heenan & Froude G490EH Engine Dynamometer. High Speed /Horsepower rating

I'm in Ringwood. thanks for the welcomes...
    can i ask you locals, what is the 'preferred' cnc software around here? i like free, but i am not sure i want to go down the linux path...russ

Page 16 of 20 61415161718