Hi, I need a little help with Swiss Slant Lathe controlled by a Dual Fanuc 0-T.

The problem is two fold;

1. The Main spindle X-Axis behaves differently at the negative "-" end of travel compared to the positive "+" end of travel.

When I handwheel to the + limit, the position screen switches to an X-Axis overtravel alarm "510 OVERTRAVEL X+". All that have I have to do to recover is crank the other direction and reset the alarm.

If I handwheel to the - limit, a relay drops out and the position screen only changes with the addition of a message "NOT READY" in the lower left. To recover from this I have to Re-Zero-Return all 5 axis. And something crazy happens to the X axis absolute coordinate value (problem #2).

2. After a not ready condition (as caused by above) the X-axis absolute display (and command position) has an extra offset amount added to its value. The machine X-axis value is still the same. The machine zero point matches before and after the NOT READY condition. However, the absolute position display has an extra offset added to it. This extra offset value is the X value when the NOT READY occurred. I cannot figure out how to clear this errant absolute X-axis value offset other than power cycling the machine. It must be stored in a parameter somewhere????

Thanks in advance for any thoughts,

John