Hi,
I rather think I've made a mistake......I've made one once before and I swore I'd never do it again!!!

The oscillating pump pictured above is 14 l/min......but I have reason to doubt that.

I have an oscillating pump that I took out of a welder years ago. It is very similar in style and size to the one I just ordered. I tried it out over the weekend and found its open flow rate is about 800ml/min.
That is consistent with advertised flow rates of other similar oscillating pumps.

I now feel like the advertising I saw, namely 14 l/min is wrong, in fact I'd believe 1.4 l/min. I think I have been guilty of believing something I saw WITHOUT question and bought on that basis. I may of course be wrong,
but as its now on its way from Auckland I'm stuck with it no matter what.

A friend pointed out another pump that I missed in my haste to buy the other day. Its a magnetically coupled stainless steel gear pump. Its a genuine quality unit. The motor alone is by Oriental Motors, the makers
of Vexta, and they 'put a horn on a jelly fish'. Its second hand at only $46.00NZD plus shipping. I would expect a pump like this of this quality to be several hundred USD new....so I got one of them.

So I now have two pumps on the way. I think this last one is the real deal.....not sure what to do with the first one.

Craig