586,594 active members*
2,884 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cincinnati Arrow vs Sabre

I'm looking at a few machines, we are moving and have sold some equipment. I have found a couple newer CINCINNATI's 1000's (1998's) that would be fairly easy to get. I've run a few (wow, that was a LONG time ago) and have this question.

What is the differance between the Arrow and the Sabre? Are these operator friendly? Are they reliable (properly maintained, of course)?

Not quite sure of the exact differences between Sabres and Arrows since they both come in similar sizes/options.

If the control is Acramatic A2100, i'd say it's pretty user friendly once you get the hang of it. It does have lots of options and screens to play around with. It's Windows based so you may have to deal with problems not found on other controls. Hard drives and power supplies seem to be the main items to go on these machines. If the hard drive is not cloned then it is a significant cost to have it replaced.

We have an 2000 Arrow 750 and have had few problems with it. The hard drive failed about 4 months ago, but I had time to clone it to a new one. Other than that we do the required maintenance and have had good success with it.