586,287 active members*
4,061 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc O-TC Battery Alarm will not reset?

Fanuc O-TC Battery Alarm will not reset?

I had a low battery alarm 316 and 326 on my Tsugami NP20 this morning and I replaced the 4 D cell batteries for the absolute encoder and the 3 for the control with the main power on. I shut down and restarted and two new alarms popped up "318 APC ALARM: X axis battery down 2" and "328 APC ALARM: Y axis battery down 2". I reset it and then shut down and retarted a couple times and it was still there at start up. I checked the voltage to the axis boards and I have 6 volts going into each axis card at the white battery back up connector. Any idea on what could be causing this or how to get rid of it? The lathe runs fine but I am uncomfortable shutting it down over the weekend if I have this alarm. The 1-888-FANUCUS guy was no help besides telling me to check the connector.

I always check the voltage of each battery before I insert them, I don't trust "new" batteries. Also, inserting the batteries with the correct orientation, + and -, is critical and easy to mess up.

I figured it out. I had to hold P and Cancel while I started the NC control. The message went away after that. Thanks.