586,581 active members*
2,845 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Was that a fault of Acroloop or the person that integrated the front end software I wonder?
    I have a couple of mills I am running an Acroloop on, they were a major contender for Galil until Parker took them over.
    Al.
    It was the way it was interfaced. It shouldn't have been interfaced at all!! LOL If you turned power off on the controler the accroloop would bleed off through the drive channles and caused uncontrolled movement. normally -x -y at max speed.

That is not the fault of the card, that is the integration, although I 3rd party serviced them for a few years and never heard of that one.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by linatrol god View Post
    Im afraid I cannot help you there. I have never heard of that type of CNC control. As I said Koike uses different types, the CNC controls that we manufacture and that they purchase from us are Hybrid D11, Hybrid D9 and D10, Promotion and Profiler. I have no idea what a KAR is.
    Sorry
    KAR stands for Koike Aronson Ransom. It is the US division of Koike Sanso Koygo (Koike Oxygen Company) KSK

They did use a few japaneese contrived controllers in the early days. Not recieved well here by Koike or the techs. The were not sold in the US.

KAR CNC is Pro-motion out of Finland. CNC Cutter Plasma Machine For Sale Shape Cutting Used CNC Plasma Cutter Machines Retrofits Controls Nice control, totaly self contained drives and I/O. three levels of software. It has comprension issues for users. But it is quite powerfull.
    The D-80 (Hypertherm edge)/ D-11 (Linatrol) Are hands down the most logical controller to use. Burny is reliable but Hard to understand.

I understand that a new controller is coming out of Europe. No details as of yet.

Very few parts come from japan on Koike machines.
    Koike bought out Airco and Aronson back in the '70 and combined the two. There are machines made in japan but they are copies of the KAR designs. KSK Does build the big lasers and super duty Mynuc machines.

As a general rule on Ik machines. painted orange ...airco, baby poo green Japanese built, Koike american built, Blue on older and small ik's red on newer style.

There are cheaper machines... But I dare you to find a better one.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by m230042 View Post
    If you turned power off on the controler the accroloop would bleed off through the drive channles and caused uncontrolled movement. normally -x -y at max speed.
    Incidentally I just recalled that Acroloop had a simple feature that would prevent that had it been implemented.
    The card had a relay output contact that would detect if the card malfunctioned or the controller power went down, in their documentaion they suggested using this at the start of the E-Stop string, therefore dropping all control power and the drives off.
    When I implemented the card in a system I would always use this feature.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by linatrol god View Post
    The floating head is a pneumatic type torch hieght control, you set the height and it keeps itself at that height by rolling on balls across the plate and is held in place by the air pressure, usually used for thinner gauge.
    The expensive height control would be best if you are cutting heavier gauge material, it will the set the voltage of the arc, monitor it and adjust the torch height to keep the voltage constant, therefore keeping the torch height steady.
    Cal ...I assume.

The weight of the torch plus lifter assembly plays hell on thin gauge plate as it rolls over the cutting slats. sometimes enough to crimp the sheet leaving dimples all over it as the balls roll across the slats. It also has a tendency to move the sheet around. If the sheet is clamped in place, there are no drop parts within 3 inches of your cut path and the steel is thick enough to support the weight the the roller ball floating head is dandy. Otherwise go with the auto height control. The one qouted only has a 3 inch stroke Drive and control is contained with in the motor and was a bear to get to work right when we first played with it...but it works fine after rodney got finished with it.

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Incidentally I just recalled that Acroloop had a simple feature that would prevent that had it been implemented.
    The card had a relay output contact that would detect if the card malfunctioned or the controller power went down, in their documentaion they suggested using this at the start of the E-Stop string, therefore dropping all control power and the drives off.
    When I implemented the card in a system I would always use this feature.
    Al.
    Those were some bad times for engineering back then. When the price war started they tried to do many things and unfortunitly most of them wrong.

After some shake up in engineering they got their crap together and came up with the milinium line that is for all pratical purpuses ...perfect. Everything engineering did had to be approved by the Field techs. They even stole our best one!!

I installed the second mastergraph milinium in Va. after two years of operation it had lost only .002 in the cross axis X and .006 in the Y. Still running strong after 10 + years.

Before posting your DXF file from cad please change your post program option to R14. This will remove all the splines and convert them to line segments. ProMotion nest Version 4.19.16 is a very old version there has been a lot of changes to the software over the years. It may not be a bad idea to contact ProMotion Controls and get information on getting an updated version of ProMotion Nest. the current version is 4.33.01 I believe

Oh lord don't remind me of that. koike fired most of engineering after that fiasco.

Re: Koike Aronson

Does anyone know what board this is? Brand? Do you have a schematic?
    It was on a Westinghouse HL-752 for X-Y control with a Northrup Grumman amplifier.
    The table was Advanced Cuttings Systems assembly from 1996.
    Koike Aronson PM-510
    Hybrid D11 Linatrol controller
    Innerlogic RSVP torch height control

Re: Koike Aronson

My plasma table was not breaking the arc detect circuit on startup, so it would never start to move. It's NC when off, open when plasma power source is on and idle, or during start of arc. When arc detected, the PCR (Pilot Control Relay) reverts to NC position, completing the circuit.

I traced it down to an intermittent failure of Relay K5 on this board, a surface mount LZ-24H-C.

Westinghouse HL-752 for X-Y control with a Northrup Grumman amplifier.
    The table was Advanced Cuttings Systems assembly from 1996.
    Koike Aronson PM-510
    Hybrid D11 Linatrol controller
    Innerlogic RSVP torch height control

Trigger Start arc is on pins 3 and 4. These pins are closed by relay K3 (model FRL-263 04CL) (socket mount with screw thread ground, not used).
    There is a 13kOhm resister.

OK to Move/Motion Start/Transfer Arc Detect circuit is on pins 7 & 8. These pins are closed by relay K5 (model LZ-24H-C) (surface mount)
    This connects to the pins on J23 connector, surface mounted (good test points: the pair furthest from the board edge).
    These wires go out on pins S & R to my controller.
    These wires are related to pins N & M, which are the contacts closed by the K5 relay.
    There is a 13kOhm resister.

Relay K2 when grounded against the case will blow the fuses for X and Y travel on the Westinghouse HL752 motor controller. I supported under the other 2 corners of the board with rubber standoffs.

Page 2 of 2 12