586,471 active members*
3,626 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Tool path verify problems

Tool path verify problems

So far I'm still playing with the demo. My full version hasn't arrived yet and probably won't until Monday. I've noticed that when I do a toolpath, whether it be pocketing, hole drilling, boring, profiling, etc. when I use the "verify" option, it will run for aprox 30 seconds tops before the tool will stop and flash all different colors and the simulation will stop without finishing the toolpath/s. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this just becuase it's still in demo mode? I thought maybe it was my memory and video card so I had both upgraded, still the same thing.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    nlh

P.S. this is also posted at bocad support forums.

Quote Originally Posted by nlh View Post
    So far I'm still playing with the demo. My full version hasn't arrived yet and probably won't until Monday. I've noticed that when I do a toolpath, whether it be pocketing, hole drilling, boring, profiling, etc. when I use the "verify" option, it will run for aprox 30 seconds tops before the tool will stop and flash all different colors and the simulation will stop without finishing the toolpath/s. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this just becuase it's still in demo mode? I thought maybe it was my memory and video card so I had both upgraded, still the same thing.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    nlh

P.S. this is also posted at bocad support forums.
    NLH,

That is a possibility but I never ran V2007 in Demo Mode. Call BCC Tech Support and make sure your Graphics Card Supports OpenGL 2.0 and DirectX 9.0

Are you running Vista or XP? This is another issue that Vista is having with Engineering Software. Vista wants to run everything through the O/S and not the Graphics Card.

BCC Tech Support will have some answers for you.

Also, there is a lot of help on Sorin's Forum at http://cadcamtrainer.com/forums/index.php

A few of us have been using V2007 for a little while and may be able to help with the other features of V2007.

Did you get the Basic Predator Simulator or one of the Upgrades??

Cheers!!!!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Demo mode will not post many lines of code. You will not get a simulation of the entire part being cut because the code is not generated.

Toby,

I'm currently running XP and the video card is a brand new Nvidia based GeForce FX 5500 PCI (Dell didn't install an AGP connector), 256MB DDR. However I didn't pay close enough attention and the Open GL spec supported is 1.5 and lower, so this may be my problem.

Tjones,

I first thought this could be the problem but since I'm running the "verify" (right click "milling stock") without first posting code I then ruled it out. My full version should be here tomorrow and I can get a better idea of what I need to do.

As far as predator is concerned it is level 1... for now. It should fill my needs for the time being, but we all know once the bugs bites it's hard to stop upgrading .

Also I should note that when I downloaded the demo, I downloaded the package that came with predator. When I run demo programs that came with the software, predator has no problem running them, so maybe it does have something to do with the posted code.

Thanks for all the help fellas,

nlh

This might be caused because it is a demo version. Have you called BCC Support in the last few days?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Well I've been holding off until I recieve my package. I called the shipping department yesterday and it wasn't shipped as quickly as I thought. Looks like now it will be tomorrow sometime. I'll update this thread as soon as I find out more.

nlh

yes

the demo software will only allow you to generate so many lines of code as tjones said, but if you just ask tjones and tobyaxis i'm sure they will agree that the predator simulation and their editor is top of the line!!
    upgrade mngr./ Brad Chasnoff / www.bobcad.com
    877-262-2231 ext 183/ [email protected]

Well my software package just came in, a day early:-). The whole problem was just as Tjones, Brad, and everyone else suggested. The demo. The full version works great! I can't believe how quickly and easily I can make a program and verify it! I would highly recommend this to all V21 users out there. Yes it's a whole new system but, at least in my opinion, it's so much easier to catch on to than 21.

nlh

thanks for the imput, it is tremendously easier. glad to hear that you are a happy customer, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to give us a call.
    upgrade mngr./ Brad Chasnoff / www.bobcad.com
    877-262-2231 ext 183/ [email protected]