586,296 active members*
3,971 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Ink Express/wisdom

Getting ready to make a fairly large purchase with Ink Express, any words of wisdom from anybody who have dealt with them?

Thanks in advanced.

Buy direct from WK lasers you then will have back up from the factory and save a lot of money

Quote Originally Posted by dragoneye View Post
    Buy direct from WK lasers you then will have back up from the factory and save a lot of money
    Do you have a link for them?

Thank you

I just ordered form a different company and I’ll let you know how everything went.

Pucon,

I would like to know your experience with them.

I DON'T want to buy from the company my daughter wants to, but she is tenacious, as she has been since her initial college days.

They are VERY down on anybody but themselves as vendors. One, with about a hundred posted items, they stress is advertising stainless steel sinks.

6 available.

They could not POSSIBLY be serious laser machine dealers. 2 thou premium to buy their machine, and I have no idea who makes their machine, it is definitely SOME one of the Chinese manufacturers.

Is there an advantage to buying a machine for 50% more, as in 4 grand to 6 grand, for the same machine?

Cheers,

George

I have for the last couple of months tried to figure out if buying a Chinese machine is worth it.

This is what I have come up with and it is only my opinion.

First off, everyone I have talked to pretty much carry himself or herself as the actual manufacturer. Either there are a lot of laser engraver manufactures out there in China or some individual were less then honest with me.

It seems most of the people selling the machines is generally within several hundred-dollar ranges of each other for the same product.

Shipping always seems to be about the same price so I’m pretty confident with that one.

After talking with several people both “suppliers” and shoppers I began to get a little understanding how things might work if you wanted to a Chinese laser engraver. It seems that a lot of people receive their machines with either something broken on them or an item completely missing from the crate. After talking with several individuals I was told that US customs will purposely leave a laser engraver inoperable or rendered useless. From what I was told this is because if the person sending it to you does not have the “proper certificates” to send it to the US and they may have no other choice to disable it or send it back. Someone told me that one of the documents is a FDA number, who knows?

I have also learned that there are some suppliers that always seem to have issues with this and some that have no issues with there product making it to the customer in the US in one piece. Of course this is my opinion only but after asking enough questions and visiting a whole bunch of forums it is quit easy to come to this conclusion.

I played it the safe route by selecting a known contact in the United States who works with the suppliers in China and has no issues with the shipping problems. Of course I think I paid almost four hundred dollars more then most of the other suppliers but I have no problem sleeping at night wondering if my little investment will make it to me.

I’ll let you all know when I get my laser engraver and then I’ll share the company I used.

What an adventure!

Call Frank at HXLaser.com

George,

My experience with HXLaser and Frank Fang in Plano, TX has been positive and I am happy with my purchase. NO import issues at all and the communications between Frank, the import broker and myself have been very good. It is a great savings over InkExpress and they are the same machines that most of the chinese are selling. Certainly there are compromises when dealing overseas but it was a matter of patience more than anything. If you wish PM me and I'll forward a phone number to chat.

Pete aka Pedro :wave:
    Chinese Rabbit Laser HX6090 (60 watt) Happy with it!
    FANUC CNC (ROBODRILL / TAPE DRILL MATE) 0MC control

have any one who bought chinese laser machine before? How was the buying experience? Please share. I never provide lemon to my customers

kyfds,
    No one answered.
    What is your product and price shipped to an address in Pennsylvania, United States?
    Do your machines have certification to be delivered in the USA.
    I am looking for a 300 X 400 mm up to 60 watt, with water cooling, more than an aquarium pump, and with exhaust blower.
    I want delivery to my door, not to a bonded warehouse.

Thank you.
    George

Hi George!
    Thank you for your enquiry. I produce laser cutting & engraving machine in Wuhan,China.
    300 X 400mm is a small machine,you wanna buy it as a hobby machine?
    Generally speaking,we delivery the machine to the port. And our price is a little higher than Jinan's.

kyfds,
    That is a 12 X 16 inch machine. True, that is small. But my daughter wishes to cut things that she prints with a 13 X 19 inch printer. That is small, too.

I don't want a machine delivered to a port. I am nearly 500 miles from Baltimore, MD, well maybe 300. I COULD go there to retrieve it, IF I knew that it would be simply loaded and I go on my way, NOT that I have to do the Customs paperwork.

What is "a little higher than Jinan's? 2000 USD more?Cheers,

George

It seems some are trying to get business for their "US" distrubitor. Buy from them for 50% more, you will be happier.

Hi,George!
    we can not make this small machine
    Maybe Jinan's machine can meet your requirement,but I'm not sure they can deliver the machine to your house.
    I'm not happy to see anyone who buys machine for 50% more.
    My company do not have a "US" distributor.
    Good quotation marks,George
    Regards
    David

from my experiance pay a little more and buy one from a in states dealer it is much easier and yes it takes a little time but well worth not having to go through the hassels
    "The best things said should be written in stone"
    Colton www.coltonscustoms.com

David,

Do you mean that you do not build the same size machines most others are?

Everybody seems to sell 300 X 400 machines, like LG3040, another I was just looiking at, W304, with 280 X 400 cut area.

Sorry you don't make that size. Looks like I will be buying one frome someone.

Cheers,

George

Colton,

Fine. Make a suggestion as to who to buy from. And, by "little more", how much is "a little"?

Many of the advertisers ostensibly have a US presence. Whether actual or not, I don't know.

One vendor, who says he has 2 on hand, gives an address on the west side of Chicago. When you contact him, it is 600 shipping and 25 days delivery.

Direct from China, 600 shipping, 25 days. Oregon vendor same as is the California vendor. Evidently all are drop shipped, "to your warehouse". I don't want to go to what sounds like a customs warehouse. I want it delivered to my door.

Who does that, do you know. I am open to suggestion.

Cheers,

George

Hi! George
    My samllest is 400X600mm. as for your 300X400mm, it's true that i can make this,but I'm not professional to produce so samll laser engraving machine. So I suggest you try to find other guys who can supply the right machine.
    You wanna delivery to your door,so you'd better buy the machine from some US supplier. I think they can deliver the mc to your house and you do not have to do custom work,though the price is more expensive. If you decide to buy a Chinese machine,few of them can deliver to your door.
    You can visit www.gnlaser.com for more infor about my company,and my email ID is [email protected]
    May it be helpful for you
    Regards
    David

Hello everbody,
    If you want to by the laser machine. I suggest you buy the machine from the manufacture or USA distributor directly.then you can get a good quality and especially good after-sale-service.

We are the real manufacture for LG and LC series laser engraving cutting machine with CE and FDA certificate
    Hope can do business with you in some day.
    Jenny
    Jinan G.Weike Science&Technology CO.,Ltd
    Email: [email protected]
    JENNY at wklaser.com
    www.wklaser.com

Does wklaser mainly produce small size machine? And what do you mean by "directly"?
    Jenny,you are so cute.
    "Hope can do business with you in some day" is a typical Chinese way of saying English.

i purchased a rabit laser from frank in dallas whom is there us rep it was about 700 dolars more to buy from him rather than direct my uncle however did not see the benifit of purchasing from him i recieved my laser at my door in about a month he had to wait for 17 days after they recieved his payment befor they would ship it he then had to drive too the wa coast to the port fill out about 45 mins worth of paperwork for customs drive home assemble his machine with no directions only to find out that there were parts missing and then wait another10 days to find out he would have to drive back to wa to pick them up he then was frustrated and said to hell with it and bought us supplied materials and retrofited them to work so what i am saying is by the time he got his to work and the money he spent on this like gold material they call gasoline he spent almost 300 dollars more than i and his machine still doesnt work properly frank fang sold me mine he made his proffit it was shipped to my shop with no problems except that for some reason the plug in got smashed fran called about a week later to see if i had recieved it i told him about the plug and he offerd to order me anothe for free i had already went to my local hardware store and spent the 7 dollars to fix it so in conclusion if you want a chinese laser i will suggest going through frank fang however. my epilog laser is ten times the machine of the rabbitt with exceleent customer support its entirely up to you
    "The best things said should be written in stone"
    Colton www.coltonscustoms.com

Arrow Delivery to your door, the real costs...

George and anyone else getting a Chinese laser imported to the US.

The HXLaser product (HX6090SE weighing 771 lbs in the crate) I bought could have been delivered direct to my door if I wanted to pay the extra freight. I chose not to, instead I had it shipped to Chicago which was the closest location I could have it delivered to a bonded warehouse and I pick up to save the land freight. I later found out that the rail system could have delivered it closer but simply had not investigated it fully. Most major cities have a rail head to pick. Frank is not all that knowledgeable about the shipping and the people in China are even less so. HOWEVER the importing agent Titan Lines (Shelly Chen) was well versed and took care of everything.

The unit cost ~~ 3,850 US dollars, freight from China to US was about $350.00 US. Customs and import duties are listed as:
    CUSTOMS CLEARANCE 95.00
    CUSTOMS DUTY 157.44
    SINGLE ENTRY BOND MIN 50.00
    IMPORT SERVICE FEES 55.00
    LONG BEACH PIER PASS@4/wm 9.72
    EXAM FEE 7.15
    Total $374.31

Plus another $60.00 at the bonded warehouse where I picked it up.

To ship by ground was another ~700 from the LA port. That's about right as I have shipped many machines from California to Kentucky where I live.

The true costs to consider are:
    Machine cost
    Ocean transport
    Customs duties
    Drayage (Transportation from the rail yard to storage in bonded warehouse)
    Ground freight to your location.

If you can pick up at a port just do that and save the money otherwise order the machine trucked to your location but shop around. You can call any major trucking company up with the following info and get a price to your door. Imagine the crate will be at some warehouse in a port city OR if you have them ship by rail once in the US to any major rail hub. You can find these port cities at: http://www.apl.com/routes/html/asia_north_america.html
    Look for the PCE: Pacific Coast Express route as the port they ship FROM is Quingdao, China.

SIZE of crate IMPORTANT!
    weight
    value
    pickup point
    drop off point
    do you need a lift on the delivery truck (extra)
    residential or commercial delivery

I hope this helps anyone interested and makes the process less daunting.

Pete :cheers:
    Chinese Rabbit Laser HX6090 (60 watt) Happy with it!
    FANUC CNC (ROBODRILL / TAPE DRILL MATE) 0MC control

Page 1 of 2 12