586,594 active members*
2,723 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 442 of 460 342392432440441442443444452
Results 8,821 to 8,840 of 9197
    I'm still waiting for global warming. I live in Central New York. When I moved here almost 10 years ago almost to this day all it did here was rain rain rain...humid...rain...hot and humid...rain, then two-three weeks of brutal heat, simmer down, Fall season sets in and wear a long sleeve...
    Now?! Now I wear thermals until the end of March, and I'm seriously considering putting them back on until mid-June. Considering yesterday actually felt like how the beggining of summer USED to be when I was a kid...and today...I'm about ready to yank the exhaust of my cammed car.."fill 'er up" and floor it until I see it happen...BULL.

Quote Originally Posted by z369 View Post
    I'm still waiting for global warming. I live in Central New York. When I moved here almost 10 years ago almost to this day all it did here was rain rain rain...humid...rain...hot and humid...rain, then two-three weeks of brutal heat, simmer down, Fall season sets in and wear a long sleeve...
    Now?! Now I wear thermals until the end of March, and I'm seriously considering putting them back on until mid-June. Considering yesterday actually felt like how the beggining of summer USED to be when I was a kid...and today...I'm about ready to yank the exhaust of my cammed car.."fill 'er up" and floor it until I see it happen...BULL.
    Well you have to admit, when the Whiteman came to America it was already populated with people who experienced that phenomena year after year for thousands of years.....ya'll haven't been there for mor'n a couple a' hundred years and all you do is complain about the weather.

Don't go to Mars whatever you do, the weather is pretty damm awful according to the NASA probes........ well at least it doesn't rain there every day now, so maybe the Martians have learned how to mess up their weather just like we are trying to do......LOL.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post

Don't go to Mars whatever you do, the weather is pretty damm awful according to the NASA probes........ well at least it doesn't rain there every day now, so maybe the Martians have learned how to mess up their weather just like we are trying to do......LOL.
    Ian.
    Mars ice caps are melting, see what happens when you use ALL electric vehicles! It must man caused, oops I forgot, there are no people on Mars to cause this, could it be something else??? Perhaps the article below will shed some light on what else could be going on!

-----------------------------
    Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says --
    Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent climate changes have a natural—and not a human-induced—cause -

Of course those that want to blame man for the warming don't like his theory, it doesn't help them make money. If the sun is to blame for most of the warming then people can't be charged for it.

Larry

P.S. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...s-warming.html

Quote Originally Posted by Larry83301 View Post

Of course those that want to blame man for the warming don't like his theory, it doesn't help them make money. If the sun is to blame for most of the warming then people can't be charged for it.
    I stopped watching NatGeo for anything climate related long ago. Curiously enough, as one example, glaciologist Richard Alley is a pro-global warming whacko when on camera, yet oddly, in his own peer reviewed published scientific papers he admits that rapid warming exclusive of anthropogenic effects can happen in less than a decade. At rates that far exceed anything man is capable of inducing, btw.

Good news!
    Australia's carbon taxes are finally kicking in with some positive results!
    I can't wait till their 'greenies' up the tax some more for even faster results!!

Canary in Coal Mine Gasps as Australia Resource Jobs Fall - Bloomberg

Well, it's a bugger when you have to slow down to let the others catch up......sigh.
    Ian.

Just as a matter of interest.......I read that Denmark derives 25% of it's electric power from windmills.
    Ian.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Windmills in Denmark.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by fizzissist View Post
    And it shows here Electricity pricing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that they pay about 8 times as much as I do for it, and up to twice what you pay, id that worth it???

Larry

Hi......worth is an ambiguous word......if you subscribe to the notion that coal fired power or Nuclear stations are cheap and not environmentally dangerous, then yes it is worth it.

You might consider Nuclear power generation as being cheap, but is it worth the risk?

In Denmark they pay for what they believe in, energy production wise, while in Kuwait it cost 1 cent per KW/HR according to the Wiki list.....so how is the huge difference being achieved, unless the Kuwaitees are using oil to power their infrastructure, and as that is only for the immediate, that won't last forever, then it will be back to burning Camel dung just like they always did, environmentally friendly or not.

It's the old story over and over again, if you have natural resources, use them till they're gone then the Planet will recover as soon as the fossil fuel useage is at an end and the Humans have all gone, but it won't happen in our time.
    Ian.

It just could be that OIL will not run out. Oil has been found where there is no organic life, here on earth and in space. Check out what they say here - Abiotic Oil -- Reserves Replenished by Process in Earth's Mantle? -- They are pumping oil up from over 40,000 ft, plant life has not been found below 18,000 ft, where is this oil coming from? ? It has also been found on Titan where plant life is not known to exist! Could it just be a big lie that oil is running out? ? ?

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry83301 View Post
    It just could be that OIL will not run out. Oil has been found where there is no organic life, here on earth and in space. Check out what they say here - Abiotic Oil -- Reserves Replenished by Process in Earth's Mantle? -- They are pumping oil up from over 40,000 ft, plant life has not been found below 18,000 ft, where is this oil coming from? ? It has also been found on Titan where plant life is not known to exist! Could it just be a big lie that oil is running out? ? ?
    Larry
    In support of the abiotic theory (which I will not dismiss), there are oil fields or pockets pumped dry decades ago that are now observed to have more oil. While there could be some simple explanations for this, with different explanations for different fields, I think it tends to support the idea that oil is not a bunch of long dead, squished and buried dinosaurs. There are bugs that live deed underground under some extremely adverse conditions that eat metal. (see:ferrooxidans)

I think shale oil possibly an example of abiotic processes. I may be wrong, maybe someone here(besides handiwankie) actually knows something on this?

SPAMbot is trying to look more human with emoticons. Humans are not that easily conned...

Quote Originally Posted by Mont7right View Post
    I think shale oil possibly an example of abiotic processes.

Those who disseminate SPAM are the result of abiotic procreation.

Computer models vs. Reality Observations....
    Sorry, but the CO2 alarmism is a huge FAIL!

Videoaufzeichnung des Vortrags von Prof. Murray Salby in Hamburg am 18. April 2013 | Die kalte Sonne

Wow, looking at the video presentation I could only get the occasional Ja and nein words and occasionally a nicht, so it all made a lot of sense.........but I didn't think Fizzwizz, who presumably was giving the presentation (and in pure Teutonic intonations too), was that old.

I'm a 50/50 believer in the notion that the Cornucopia of ancient myth is alive and kicking, but as the World is a lot older than most of us, I don't think oil is being produced ad hoc by any natural means, abiotic or otherwise......that is too Darwinian to contemplate, by that I mean the established assumption that oil is derived from minced up flora, fauna and Dinosaur dung from way back when, pressed together under tons of earth and rock that eventually matures and you end up with a sticky gooey mess that needs a lot of processing to get to whatever you want to have, that is believable and logical.

However, assuming the bacteria have been munching away on anything that takes their fancy and in so doing created an environment that is as we know it....oil.......all we have to do is wait for the second coming and all the oil lamps will magically be filled to overflowing and if you're Biblically inclined, read Psalm 23......the "my cup runneth over" bit, it all starts to make sense......the ancients knew that you can't pump an oil well dry just because you reach down into the depths of hell.....it automatically's gonna fill up again.....just like a leaky boat when you're bailing it out.

If it, so say, took several hundred million years to make the first batch of oil, then by that that assumption with continued useage, it'll take a lot more, but by that time mankind won't be around any more, seeing as how they're a flawed species that has no survival instinct further than swiping a credit card with a loan extension for their needs.

Once the present Human type species has ceased to be remembered, the next dominant species might not find a need for the new oil, and so they might find that the Planet is slowly becoming a sticky gooey mess from exponential bacterial action, but they might find it to their liking if they evolve to live in it.

Green will be out and Black will be in.....The Great tar pit.
    Ian.

BTW, if an oil well was pumped dry decades ago and now has more oil in it, I think this is so far fetched that decades are far from the reality that it took hundreds of millions of years just to get where they originally were.

It's possible that Methane gas from the core distilled out in the cooler upper regions of the Earth's crust and did form oil etc, but if you subscribe to that theory........definitely not in decades, and definitely not in our time.
    Ian.

Climate Change, the computer models, and a physics perspective...

The ?ensemble? of models is completely meaningless, statistically | Watts Up With That?

definitely not in decades, and definitely not in our time.

Climate Alarmists Caught Doctoring ?97 Percent Consensus? Claims | Human Events

Climate Alarmists Caught Doctoring ‘97 Percent Consensus’ Claims

Global warming alarmist John Cook, founder of the misleadingly named blog site Skeptical Science, published a paper with several other global warming alarmists claiming they reviewed nearly 12,000 abstracts of studies published in the peer-reviewed climate literature. Cook reported he and his colleagues found 97 percent of the papers that expressed a position on human-caused global warming “endorsed the consensus position that humans are causing global warming.”

As is the case with other ‘surveys’ alleging an overwhelming scientific consensus on global warming, the question surveyed did not address the issues of contention between global warming alarmists and skeptics. The question Cook and his colleagues surveyed was simply whether humans have caused some global warming. Most skeptics, like most alarmists, believe humans have caused some global warming. The issue dividing the two is whether humans are causing a global warming crisis demanding concerted action.

Nevertheless, global warming alarmists have been reporting the Cook study shows a 97 percent consensus that humans are causing a global warming crisis.

Skeptics Classified as Alarmists
    Investigative journalists at Popular Technology looked into which papers were classified within Cook’s asserted 97 percent. The investigators found Cook and his colleagues classified papers by such prominent, vigorous skeptics as Willie Soon, Craig Idso, Nicola Scafetta, Nir Shaviv, Nils-Axel Morner, and Alan Carlin as supporting the 97 percent consensus.

Page 442 of 460 342392432440441442443444452