I am starting to design my second home cnc machine and I have many more resources to build this one than I did the first go around, so I would like to make this one much more robust and try and include everything I realized I had wanted in the first one. That being said there are still several things to figure out and I am looking for people suggestions. Im starting to design the gantry first and will build off of that. I have a set of 44" round rails for the gantry to ride along and I am trying to decide the orientation of the bearing blocks. I know that it is better to have the entire gantry ride on top of the rails but I also like the idea of having them mounted on the sides of the table because it cuts down on material and the height the machine ends up being (suggestions appreciated). Here is where I've gotten with it so far. The two upper horizontal beams are 2"x2" 8020 Extrusion, the verticals are 3/4" Aluminum, and the lower horizontal is a 1.5"x4.5" 8020 Extrusion. Let me know what you think! Attachment 232688