586,315 active members*
3,308 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: motor wiring

motor wiring

i am a dummie when it comes to electronics, but mistake by mistake i am learning it is just getting a little exspensive. on a 4 wire bipolar motor if i understand it right you have 2 circuits. i ran my ohms tester between the 4 wires. the colors are black, blue , green, & red. i had continnuity between the red & blue. i also had continnuuity between the black & green. nothing between the others. the data sheet has a block of 4 screw tabs for the motor wires.the 1st says xa i connected the red there. the next saysxa# i put the blue there. the next one says xb# i hooked the green there. the last one says xb i hooked the black there. is this right or wrong? how or can you tell the difference between xa & xb?? is there a way to tell whether the red or blue is xa or xa#?. i thought i had it right but i fried the driver board. the only other connections are the 5 volt power supply which is wired + to+ &-to -. going to the break out board i have dirx & stepx & gnd out & enable. i havedirx to pin 2. i have stepx to pin 3. gnd to gnd on bob. i had already set enable so i did not use that outlet for remote enableing.can anyone see anything i did wrong. too many mistakes can get tooooo costly. thanks greg

What driver?
    If you reverse the coils to the driver the motor should only run in the wrong direction (or just vibrate)- it shouldn't fry the driver.

Aaron

burning driver

it is a non rohs? fromm cnc zone. can you see anything i done to burn it? thanks greg