586,719 active members*
3,216 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: need help

need help

not sure if this the rite place for this question? just got this idea if we could use one of these router kind of machine fit with a mig torch n used for welding .
    any info on this would be of great help.
    Anil

I assume you want to get rid of the router head and replace it with your mig gun and just use the table for traversing? is it going to be cnc or manual operation.

I think welding requires the highest level of physical skill of any of the major trades. The amount of eye-hand coordination required to make quality welds is incredible.

The MIG (short arc) process is the easiest for an inexperienced person to fake, visually anyway. If quality isn't an issue and you just need to weld in the 1G position there should be no problem converting a router/plasma machine to do it. I doubt production or quality will be improved, unless you count substituting a skilled welder with a button pusher.

I would think any out-of-position welding would require a 4 or 5 axis machine.
    Steve
    DO SOMETHING, EVEN IF IT'S WRONG!

thanks steve for u'r inputs, back h'r in India skilled welders are enlisted in the endangered spicies list ,so this idea just popped out.