586,160 active members*
3,414 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Programming question

I want to find out if it is possible to do something like this:

IF[blank] is true, AND [blank] is true GOTO

I've never tried using the AND statement before, and really don't have an idea how to use it, or what can be done with it. The Fanuc Operator's Manual says "A logical operation is performed on binary numbers bit by bit." The example given is: #i=#j AND #k

Anyone care to explain in plain English exactly what this means?

This is on an 18T control.

Thanks.

Find the Fanuc manual that explains MACROS (variables). If I give you a short and sweet answer you may only be able to use it in one way. If you study on it you can find a way to do just about anything you want. You can even have the machine simply give you an alarm to say anything you want such as CHANGE TOOL #7. These macros are dependant on the parameter that you associate with them such as for part counting or whatever you choose the Macro to do. If I had some programs with me I could give you several examples, maybe someone else will before I get back into the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by rolloverking64 View Post
    Find the Fanuc manual that explains MACROS (variables). If I give you a short and sweet answer you may only be able to use it in one way. If you study on it you can find a way to do just about anything you want. You can even have the machine simply give you an alarm to say anything you want such as CHANGE TOOL #7. These macros are dependant on the parameter that you associate with them such as for part counting or whatever you choose the Macro to do. If I had some programs with me I could give you several examples, maybe someone else will before I get back into the forum.
    I have taken the time to look at it, but must admit I haven't really studied it. Maybe something will come to me after reading it another 20-30 times.

I do make use of the 500 macros, and the IF statement. Never done a DO statement yet, but think I could after reading about it in the Operator's Manual. Guess I am a little slow. Some things are easier to understand than others.

Funny you should mention the alarm/message thing. I had called Fanuc yesterday about that very thing. I came up with a more elegant solution after giving it a few minutes thought. (Fanuc didn't tell me how to do the alarm/message thing.) Now all the operator has to do is hit cycle start after making the correct macro change...which is displayed on the screen in a comment. No need to hit reset, and do a search for the correct operation. Provided he even knew what operation he was on when the alarm occurred. It was a simple matter to make it loop back and check the macro again before continuing with the program. Just in case the operator didn't make the correct change.

Have to make my programs as idiot proof as possible.

A sample or two will be worth a thousand words. Thanks.

ROK64. Gentleman who programs the 4-axis mills came back a few minutes ago, and I talked to him about this. He said I couldn't do it with a one block command as I had hoped. Guess I will have to use a series of GOTO statements.

However, I am still interested in seeing examples of the AND statement. Thanks for your efforts. It is good talking with people that know much more than I do about programming. Great site.

here is a thread related to your question.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35041

might give you some insight.