586,626 active members*
2,440 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Key Creator

Key Creator

I have KEY CREATOR version 5.0 I can load it on my home computer but not the one at work. It comes up with a arror about usb pro. Any help.

Sounds like it’s probably looking for the USB key and license or you don’t have the right license file for that key. Where did you get the software? Call your VAR. Is the one at work on a network? You say you can load it but does it work on your home computer? In other words, does the error come up when you try to start the program or during the load process?

key creator

Yes it works fine on my home computer.
    The company I work for bought it. the computers at work are all net worked .
    The maint was not paid up so the factory reps dont help.
    I was wondering if the problem is the diff between xp home addition vrs xp pro.
    Allso I have an older copy of Cad key that need a dill file for it to work

Network issues and licenses are not my strong suit. They may be using a special network license for the work computer if they have/had multiple seats. Your VAR should help with this even if your maintenance has expired. If they don’t, their idiots and should be reported for incompetence. Tell them your thinking of updating but want to try the program for awhile first.

Did the program come with a USB key? Are you using this key at home and it doesn’t work on your work computer? Do you have the same license file on both computers? I’m really at a loss as to why it’s not working. It should make no difference with XP home or XP pro. The license file (.lic) should be in the root directory of the KeyCreator program, just copy it from your home to your work computer. But you must have that USB key.

You may also post this at Cadchat.com; they have a Cadkey/KeyCreator forum there that is a bit more active then this one.

As for the Cadkey DLL, what version do you have and what DLL do you need?