586,713 active members*
3,047 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

770M + Passive Probe issues

Over the last 5-6 "sessions" using my passive Probe, the feedrate on probing actions has incrimentally slowed down to a crawl. Now it is moving about .0001/15 seconds. Needless to say, I don't have all day to zero my setup, so this is a problem.

I've seen other posts here with similar issues where people say "just change the feed for probing", however... How the heck do you do that?

I really appreciate any clues, I'm sure you guys can get me going faster than Tormach customer service.

Thank you in advance,
    -Kevin

Re: 770M + Passive Probe issues

On the lower right side of the probing screen there is a place to enter yourTool 99 and feed rate is just to the right of it I use 20 IPM, I had the same problem in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinJawbone View Post
    Over the last 5-6 "sessions" using my passive Probe, the feedrate on probing actions has incrimentally slowed down to a crawl. Now it is moving about .0001/15 seconds. Needless to say, I don't have all day to zero my setup, so this is a problem.

I've seen other posts here with similar issues where people say "just change the feed for probing", however... How the heck do you do that?

I really appreciate any clues, I'm sure you guys can get me going faster than Tormach customer service.

Thank you in advance,
    -Kevin
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    On the lower right side of the probing screen there is a place to enter yourTool 99 and feed rate is just to the right of it I use 20 IPM, I had the same problem in the beginning.
    Awesome! I'm at a Christmas party at the moment but I'm going to try it as soon as I get home!

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    You saved me! Thanks so much, can't believe I didn't see that.

Your welcome sir, that one got me when I was setting up my probe..............

Quote Originally Posted by KevinJawbone View Post
    You saved me! Thanks so much, can't believe I didn't see that.
    mike sr

Probing will actually use whatever feed you have configured on the main page. I just type in "F800" before I go to probing. (I work in millimeters, this is about 32 in/min rate.)