Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Duval View Post
I am in the process of picking up a Syil X7 Combo machine with about 4 hours of time on it. Sort of in the middle. Not as fast or as powerful as the Haas mini mill but the work envelope should cover me for quite some time. By the time I get it to the house, the electrical installed and up and running I should be out about $22k shipped, completely tooled up and running. 3hp 10k servo spindle, all linear rail, 12 tool changer and an LNC controller.

The lack of linear rails on the Tormach 1100MX was the reason I went Syil after deciding against the Mini Mill. The foot print of the mini mill was just outside of what I could make work. I think I have made the right choice for me so I'll report back after I have had the machine for a bit. The first project for it will be to convert my little BF20 to rails and refurb it to pass along to someone else that wants to start on something small and cheap to get their feet wet. While it may be possible to sell it later my plan would be to donate it to a young high school S.T.E.M student to enjoy learning on as I did with it.
As a former Haas owner, I can tell you, you would have had a “WAY” better machine had you gone with the Haas.

I had a Haas TM1 in my shop and if I had known then what I know now, I would have taken some of the money I got when I sold my FADAL, paid off my Haas and brought it home.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my PCNC 1100 Series II, but the Haas was a way better machine.

In my opinion, you made a huge mistake not buying the Haas.