Quote Originally Posted by rs4race View Post
That's interesting, this is all a learning experience for me. Searching myself its hard to find info.

On the other hand I found 110V 2.2kW spindle / vfd set on amazon, also 0.8kW and 1.5kW with ER11. Am I correct in assuming I can limit the power output (so I dont trip the breaker) in the vfd and the 2.2kW spindle will out perform the other two? It's appealing as I assume with an ER20 it will be more rigid, and possibly better at dissipating heat than the other two.
No you can not limit the current draw, if you did the spindle would not run very well, please note they don't have 110v 3 phase power in NA these spindles are junk and are just made to make a sale and catch those that are not aware of what they are buying

The performance of a 2.2Kw running on 120V NA supply is dismal , a 0.8Kw is better than the 2.2Kw for 120v supply, a 1.5Kw is the max you can run on 120v supply and then they are not great performers

You have to have a 240v supply if you want a 2.2Kw spindle, yes you will find all kinds of offers out there, just to catch the unaware buyers