586,452 active members*
3,036 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > fadal is cutting great but is doing something different

fadal is cutting great but is doing something different

I did not know how to title this threat so that was the best I could do. As it says my trm is running great. I just noticed though that the power (load %) in the pendant read 0 % almost all the time. It shows a little load when the Z rapids down to the clearance plane then reads o % when its cutting. It seems to have just started doing that. Also the programmed feen rate shows in the controll but the actual feedrate always shows a little less and actualyy fluctuates a little (eg programmed 26 ipm and actual is around 20 to 24)

any thoughts

thanks

Mark

its cutting well so maybe I should just ignore these things?

feed actual

Is your feed-override switch okay? Pls check for any short on the switch wiring. If okay then, might be the axis servo motor is not rotating at full rpm.(Axis motor rpm multiplied by ballscrew pitch gives the feed rate.)

By the way is your m/c with a fanuc?

Thanks for the tip. I have it sorted (just hade to re-adjust the pot. I spoke to Neil at Fadal and he had me check a bunch of stuff which all worked out great. I just wanted to say (with all the Fadal bashing going on here lately) that in my experience Fadal service and customer support has always been top notch for me. Granted I am dealing directly with Fadal in Socal and not another company

Mark