586,655 active members*
2,778 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

opening files

Is there any way to add a directory folder file to the windows tree when you go to open file in surfcam? I want it to appear in the look in box.

I have created a new folder in the windows directory tree but it won't show up in the look in box.

I want to do this so a can compartmentalize the large number of files I have in
    c:\surfam\scprt

Quote Originally Posted by Derdle View Post
    Is there any way to add a directory folder file to the windows tree when you go to open file in surfcam? I want it to appear in the look in box.

I have created a new folder in the windows directory tree but it won't show up in the look in box.

I want to do this so a can compartmentalize the large number of files I have in
    c:\surfam\scprt
    You can make Surfcam point to any directory you like. Go to Tools > Options > System > Startup, and on the right side of that page, about 3/4 of the way down, you'll see "Startup Directory" with C:\Surfcam\SCPRT in the field. You'll also see a little box with three dots in it just to the right of the field. Click that and you'll be able to navigate to the folder you want Surfcam to look in when you click on the "Open" icon. Click on the desired folder to highlite it and click OK. For example, I have a lot of stuff organized in My Documents, with a Surfcam folder there. That may be a suggestion for you.
    Hey, why's it going over there?!!

opening files

Thanks!

It worked great.

Now i can finally get my files organized.