586,946 active members*
2,663 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NEED Mastercam Post

I need a post for a Hardinge Elite 51 w live tooling. It has a Fanuc21i control.

Thank you,

Talk to your dealer.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I think this is what you are looking for

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14485
    Custom/Repair CNC/Machinist
    Mastercam V9.1/X/X2 Mill Lathe Solids

Has this become the "give me a post for free" forum? The last several post have all be about "I need" rather than "can you help me".

So MrMachiine, I have to ask... what have you tried? Did you try any of the posts included with your Mastercam? Did you try the MPFan post to see if it worked? Or how close it was? If it only needs a few changes? Have you created a sample test part to try running in your machine?

I will say, at lease you gave a decent description of your machine. Most people dont. One other thing we would need to know.... What version of Mastercam are you running?

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Like Mike said,
    If you have a post file that you need to modify, we can help you.
    ZIP and attach a copy of your .pst file to a message.
    Most of us will be glad to modify it for you at no charge.
    ObrienDave. MasterCam since V6. Gcode since 1983.
    The nose you punch today may belong to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow.

Well Dave, That's close but not quite. I dont want to fix his post for free. I can tell him how to fix things (possibly). But I write posts for a fee. It's part of how I make my living. I may even have a post for his machie. But I'm not going to give it away for free.

My point is this. He probably didn't even try to post any files to see if they worked in his machine. Most people dont. They say to them selves "I'm too busy to fool with this, Someone send me a post". He may even already have a post in his V9 system for a Hardinge. But he didn't look.

People have to try to help themselves before I'm going to spend a lot of my time for free. I want to know what he did to solve his problem first. Then we can "tell" him how to make his post better.

I'll bet he doesn't even know what the code is supposed to look like. He wants a magic post.

So, MrMachine.. We can help you, but what have you done for You? We are not in the business of giving away free posts that we may have worked on for hours.

So which post have you tried? and What needs to be changed?

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com