587,070 active members*
3,421 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > General Off Topic Discussions > Leadshine DM1182 issue...PLEASE HELP!

Leadshine DM1182 issue...PLEASE HELP!

Hi guys, I have a cnc metal bending machine "CLN Auto Bender" that has recently stopped working. Machine has 3 DM1182 motor drivers that we suspect are the issue.

Issues...
    #1DM1182 has no green light on and no activity but has 120v supplied
    #2DM1182 has green light but red light flashing 1 time per 3 seconds
    #3DM1182 green light no issue

Also, stepper 1 had a green light with the red light flashing and now it has no lights. Not sure what happened.

Please any tips are greatly appreciated this machine has our shop at a stand still.

Re: Leadshine DM1182 issue...PLEASE HELP!

If you don't already have it, here is the manual for your drives. http://www.leadshine.com/UploadFile/...82m_V0.0.1.pdf

1 red flash every 3 seconds is overvoltage protection. Is it possible that you had a voltage surge or something that could have done some damage?

If you shut main power down and wait 30 seconds or so, then power up again, is the condition the same?
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Jim,

First off...thank you for replying, this is a huge issue for us. Yes after shutting down power and starting up over and over again we get the same issue.

I suspect the same issue that some power problem may have damaged 2 drivers. It was only 1 driver at first that was flashing red...now that driver is no longer coming on and the next driver is flashing 1 time per 3 seconds.

I guess at this point the only solution would be to replace these 2 drivers...what is your thoughts? I have tried disconnecting the drivers from the motor multiple times and same issue occurs consistently.

Thank you again for your time

If the cabinet voltages check out OK, I would replace the drives. The good news is that they are relatively inexpensive, at least compared to other drives.

EDIT: Here is a US distributor
    Leadshine DM1182 DSP stepper motor drive/controller
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Jim,

Ok I just ordered 2 new drives...although I ended up ordering this: KL-2283 8.3 Amp Digital Bipolar Stepper Motor Driver, AC 80-220VAC – 32 bit DSP Based

Leadshine was not able to get me any drivers for weeks and this company told me this driver was basically the same. Do these drivers seem the same to you?

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...vers/kl-22083/

Leadshine Technology Co., Ltd.

They seem to be about the same specs. I think they would work OK
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Thanks Jim, I will update you tomorrow when the new drives arrive. Not do derail this thread but maybe you could help us with another problem...

Our router z axis will move down fine but all of a sudden will move up just a bit then stop moving. The motor is still spinning correctly but the z axis is not moving. We checked to see if the set screw for the axis was tight and it was. Its as if one side of the motor is spinning but the other side isn't? Motor in question is a KL23H286-20-8B

That's a new one. That is an interesting problem. If the coupling is tight on both the lead screw and the motor shaft, and the rear motor shaft is spinning but the front isn't, then the motor shaft must have broken internally in the motor. That is the only possibility. I have never seen that before.

Whatever the problem is, it has to be mechanical. Maybe take another look at the coupling?
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Is the motor actually spinning, or just making noise like it's spinning?
    I have heard of the shaft breaking, but it's extremely rare.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)