586,399 active members*
3,111 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Mori-seki SL-60D MF-T6 control (fanuc 16/18?)

Mori-seki SL-60D MF-T6 control (fanuc 16/18?)

I'm getting an EX1307 alarm when trying to unclamp the tailstock. It says something like "unable pos data blah blah something". Sorry, I can't remember the exact description. The alarm sounds like the typical 'I don't know where the tailstock is'.

I have went into PMC parameters and fired the output for the tailstock pin to engage with Z. When I clamp the tailstock back up it remembers the new position. however, when I try and do a tailstock unclamp the normal way I get the same alarm.

I am missing the ladder and that is where, I believe, the EX codes are listed.) There are no EX codes listed in the fanuc manuals.

Has anyone ran into the problem before?
    Jack of all, master of none
    Galveston, TX

Dear Rocksalt
    i will check , i have full doc on that , ..but its helpful for me to findout if you can tell me the exact control system type and version ,...for example Fanuc 18i model A ,...you can find out on Fanuc name plate on control system ,...
    F.Sharifi

Thanks!

documentation says MF-T6

Books say 16/18T

This alarm has nothing to do with fanuc. It's on the PMC side.

EX1307: unable pos data store
    The position data of the tailstock and follow rest is improper. Check
    The clamp data.

When the selector on the option panel is set to "tailstock" the Z is moved into position based on parameter D404. Then you press the unclamp button to engage the Z to the tailstock. As soon as I press the unclamp I get the alarm.

The positions match from D440(Z axis position) and D404. Why the heck "steady rest" is in the equation I have no idea.

This one is busting my balls.
    Galveston, TX

I fixed it

Operator changed some parameters trying to get the tailstock lined up... The clamp data was changed for the steady rest and thus causing the problem. Parameters 408,412,416,420. sheesh.

Guess that alarm is not specific to tailstock only, but steady rest as well.

There is a new procedure to set the tailstock data, but it does not work on this ver. of the ladder. I hate it when operators go into parameters. They see a tach do it and write it down to screw up later.
    Galveston, TX