Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
Well the orange vise shipped today. That is good news.
I have only spent just a little time punching buttons on the mill.
I am having difficulty figuring out my tooling scheme for different parts. It has to do with the tool and pocket numbers. I think my confusion is stemming from wanting to leave some tools onboard for a new job.
I think instead of that, we remove all tools after the job and put them in the numbered storage. We will have a cheat sheet to show what tool numbers are.
Then starting a new job, have a caddy that holds just the tools the setup sheet calls for.
Then load and measure them.
This method will at least give us a chance to inspect the tools more closely than leaving them in the carousel.

Any thoughts or words of wisdom?
Everyone has their own preferences, but this sounds like a solid plan. Plus, not only does this method allow you to inspect each tool cutter before the next job, but allows you to clean the tool tapers as well. This will go along way with preventing the tools from sticking in the tapers due to dirt/grime and coolant tackiness. Search for tools popping or sticking if you don't know much about the issue. It's not much of a problem when the tapers are maintained; including the spindle taper.

Good luck with your new machine!