586,602 active members*
3,552 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Puma 600/700 coolant leak from turret

Puma 600/700 coolant leak from turret

Have anyone experience with coolant leak from turrets center part, which should "direct" coolant to one tool?

Now it leaks so that when coolant is on, coolant is coming out of all tools around turret.

Turret center is stationary and turret rotate around that, but there's nothing gasket between those parts and so the coolant goes everywhere. Maybe there's been O-ring or something, but obviously it's not durable there.

We have new 700M and I checked it's part catalog and on that newer machine problem seems to repaired. At the center part, theres spring, O-ring and somekind plastic part, which seal those two part together.

Is there anyone who is repaired that problem with older puma 600/700?

I have same problem with Puma230 MSC, it will eventually wear out bearings from live tool part witch is inside the turret. Haven't figured out answer yet.

It's the seal surface that the o-ring is on. Depending on the model year and whether it has been upgraded at the factory or not, the o-ring is on a separate "hub" that seals against the turret shaft and the mounting surface the shaft penetrates. The correction is a one piece seal that is part of the turret shaft. Upgrading to a 90 durometer O ring should help if you don't want to wait for the "upgraded" assembly to arrive...if you can get it. They also have "upgraded" bevel gears for the live tools...if you can get them. They have recently redesigned the live tools to have direct power, the motor is in the turret itself, instead of in the turret stand. Just some FYI since we had to do the repairs ourselves about 6 months ago. I don't know how or which way your turret was assembled, so I'm only guessing, but the turrets should be all the same design, with "upgrades" as they discover weaknesses. Meaning a slow evolution to an all new design turret.

Another possibility is that there is a brass piece, spring loaded, that seals against the rotating turret body. It's face can be damaged by a chip being caught there when the turret turns, eventually causing the "fountain" effect.
    Remove the turret center cap, then the manifold block (4 screws) and the brass plug comes out with it. You may need to resurface the face of this brass piece.
    Again, this applies if you have this particular design.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I wondered what kind of material is that piece on newer design turret. I belieded that it's somekind of plastic.

I think it's pretty easy to modify older version to newer spring loaded brass-sealing system.

We have always had the same problem with both of our Daewoo lathes. I'm just curious if any Daewoo lathe users don't have the problem. If your out there , please let us know.

make new plastic piece with o-ring in id and at back.drill bigger hole back of the brass piece and put a die spring . put everything together with 1/4"tension on spring. you will never have any leak. did it to lathes has been running fine for months